time off of work??

sknd34
on 11/25/10 2:59 pm - West Fargo, ND

I work as a nurse, but do a lot of desk work and I  am able to limit my lifting. I work 8 hour shifts. I am looking at having a band to RNY revision.  How much time off work would be adequate? I am looking at 2-3 weeks. Will this be enough or am I looking at a minimum of 3 weeks?  Any help is appreciated.
TamaraL
on 11/25/10 9:53 pm
I had surgery on October 8th for revision of realize band to RNY. Was back to work on the 25th.  I was tired the first few days but did fine at work. 

my surgeons office has us take off 2 weeks minumum and up to 6 weeks if there is complications.

Tamara

oneprincess2
on 11/26/10 7:32 am - new bern, NC
Hi this was the first week off for me since I had my revision. I'm taking off 2 weeks, and I think its needed especially for me. I rested most of this week and I did some walking around. But for the most of it I was really tired and slept a lot this week.

100togo4me
on 11/26/10 12:15 pm
I have not had a revision yet, but when I had my original RNY, I took off a week. My surgery was at the end of the week, I stayed in a hotel, spent a week at home through the following weekend, then back to work. I kept myself on light duty for awhile though, because my abdomen hurt pretty bad for awhile. Mine was lap, btw. Good luck!
byebyeband
on 11/27/10 12:33 pm - CA
I just had my band to RNY revision surgery on Monday.  I was in hospital until Wed., and got home Wed at 2pm.  I slept the first couple of days, but I went to the movies Friday and Saturday, and grocery shopping today.

I am planning on going to work on Monday (I am a middle school teacher and need to check in w/ my kids), and may take off Tuesday.  Before surgery, I exercised regularly and was pretty healthy (except for that extra 100 lbs).  Consider how you feel.  I would rather try to push myself a little, and take a day off as needed over the next couple of weeks, then spend my sick days.

Good luck,
Pamela

Lynn C
on 11/27/10 1:39 pm
if you can get 3 or more do it. I was on the table for 5 hours and in the hospital for 5 days - maybe my doc was conservative because he hasn't done many band/vsg conversions but this surgery hit me a lot harder than the band or my gallbladder or either of my C-sections for that matter.

Good luck!!

Lynn C ~
Banded 9/12/2005 ~ Revision to VSG on 9/7/2010 ~ Losing again with a Keto lifestyle

Most Active