I have been approved

candie33
on 11/23/10 10:15 am
Oh my...After 2+ years of living with the lapband 70 pound loss 30 pound gain I will be putting this chapter behind me and moving into a different phase. It was a very hard decision but I could not make the band work for me the way I needed it to. I am no means a band basher however it was not a good fit for me.  After serious thought I will be revising to the RNY. I pray that I will acheive the success that I was unable to achieve with the lapband.  Those who have gone before me ,please give any advice, suggestion or words of encouragement you think I may need   
MARIA F.
on 11/23/10 11:28 am - Athens, GA
Yay Candie! U will do MUCH better with RNY than the band. Congrats!
candie33
on 11/24/10 1:54 am
Thank You so much Maria...I am praying that all goes well.
TamaraL
on 11/24/10 2:32 am
You will do great!!!!!! Go into the surgery with a positive outlook.  Yes, you are going to have pain.  It will be different than the lap band.  I still had to sleep in the recliner for days.  Too sore to lay down.  Take your medicine regularly the first few days for pain.  I am so excited for you!!  I love the RNY. I have dropped 21 pounds in the last 6 weeks and am so happy.  I don't eat much.  Sometimes i have to make myself eat.  Last night I had to make myself drink a protien shake because I couldn't even eat chicken soup.  Today has been better.  I stop myself when i am full. 
I exercise and feel so much better. I have lost around my stomach so my back is not hurting as much so exercise is easier.

Tamara

candie33
on 11/24/10 4:59 am
Thank Tamara..I am excited and looking forward to all that is to come. Congratulations on the 21 pounds. I am now trying to get my mind clear of any and all bad habits I had with the band. I am all ears to any information you have to share. Thanks for taking the time to be positive.   
Lynn C
on 11/24/10 5:01 am
Congrats and good luck!

Lynn C ~
Banded 9/12/2005 ~ Revision to VSG on 9/7/2010 ~ Losing again with a Keto lifestyle

jenncore
on 11/24/10 5:23 am - MA
Hi, I had two lapband surgeries and recently had a revision over to the bypass three weeks ago. I'm still on mushy foods but have not had one single "stuck" episode that I used to have with the band. Post-op, for me, has been much different from the band as I'm much more exhausted than I ever was after either of my band surgeries. Having said that, this is a much bigger surgery and the recovery is a little different. As far as pain, I would say it's very similar to lapband. I had very little pain and only took my pain meds. once when I got home.

My post-op weightloss is much greater than both of my lapband surgeries. I think having the lapband before helped prepare me as far as the eating goes as I was barely able to drink without throwing up.

It has only been three weeks and although I had a little regret the first week, I know feel like this was the best thing I could've done for myself!

Good luck!!!
Jenn
_rebecca
on 11/29/10 10:00 am - Houston, TX
VSG on 12/27/10 with
Congrats!  I am ready to kiss my band good-bye, too! 
hoping4june
on 11/29/10 11:27 pm - MN
 Just curious...how are you going to have success with RNY if you couldn't make the necessary lifestyle changes for the LapBand?  Or, did it not work due to complications?
"What the caterpillar thought was the end of life, the butterfly realized was just the beginning!"

candie33
on 12/2/10 11:38 pm, edited 12/6/10 9:59 am
Let me just start off by saying "The Band" is not a one surgery fit all. I gave the band well over 2 years of my life.  It was'nt that I was not following the rules to be successful, I just was not successful. I made  lifestyle changes, I did my part. I had reflux when the band was tight enough to achieve restriction however it was too tight to live the quality of life that I felt like I should be living. I never got to a happy medium. I had esophagus dilation and  reflux , I decided to put the band behind me and move on.  I am not a band basher but I will tell thouse thinking about the band to do their research.  Now if the band is working for you, you are only of the lucky ones, because there are other just like me that it was not a good marriage.
Most Active