sclerotherapy? No one has a comment?

Carly J
on 11/23/10 12:18 am - southeastern, MI
I am thinking of having this done here in MI before traveling to have a DS revision from my RNY. I see there is a post that no one has responded to on here and I can't find any posts on long term success on here. Any comments, anyone?? Good or bad??

Pre surgery 300 lbs, lowest after 175 lbs, re-gain highest 249 lbs, current 211 lbs, goal 170 lbs!      

sosoclark
on 11/23/10 4:39 am - Sacramento, CA
Carly,

I think you will have to go back a few year to see anything about the sclerotherapy. In a nutshell it's a waist of time your. I havent seen anyone on the board with the sclerotherapy, rose or anyother proceedure that will help them get to goal. Now I have seen some with the band over bypass get to goal but they only have a small amount of weight to lose.

Anyway hope someone will give you a better informed answer than I am able to do.

Sophia
Lisa N.
on 11/23/10 6:15 am - Williston Park, NY
 I am 7 years out. from an RNY. I had stomaphyx in 2008 which is where they put clips in the stoma to make it smaller. It didn't work.I lost 20 pounds on the liquid diet and then when I was allowed to eat regular food, I gained it all back, plus more. Next Monday I am having my RNY revised.
   Lisa
dana712
on 11/23/10 12:39 pm
Hi Lisa
What kind of revision are you having?
I am in the process with Dr. Inabnet at Mt. Sinai for a RNY to DS revision. I am on a 6 month supervised diet this is what the insurance company wants. I am not losing any weight on this.
Hopefully in January they will approve it.

Dana
MARIA F.
on 11/23/10 8:03 am - Athens, GA
Sclerotherapy doesn't work! Nor does ROSE or stomaphyx! Horrible procedures!!!!!!!!!! They lose a few lbs. initially n it stretches right back out in a few mos.

DON"T waste your money on it! Go with the DS...........u will do great with that!!!
WASaBubbleButt
on 11/24/10 10:48 am - Mexico
I agree with everyone else. I've never seen a person posting with stomaphyx, ROSE, or Sclerotherapy write that they have done well.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
Most Active