the band is gone, now I'm having second thoughts.

TamaraL
on 11/25/10 9:03 am
Jacqueline,

I had my band removed and the RNY surgery done at one time.  I was lucky that when he removed the band there was no erosion and no problems.  I am so happy with my revision.  I am so glad I had the revision.  I have been able to eat and have not gotten sick once.

Tamara

Bucketta
on 11/27/10 2:07 pm
Tamara, 

I am really looking forward to it although the RNY does kind of scare me, but I am going through with it.  I am not so sure the surgery itself scares me or the time away from home does.  I will be 4 hours away and the doctor has already said he is keeping me the max number of days because I am the sole caregiver for my 88 year old dad with alzheimer's.  I worry what will happen to my dad if something happens to me.  What if he dies while I am having surgery.  Just all kinds of silly things. 

Jacqueline 
 RNY 1/24/11

terilynn112
on 11/29/10 2:29 am - maryland, NY
Like you the RNY scares me, but I'm right there with ya. I'll be getting my band removed and switched to RNY in the same surgery. I'm hoping to get my date in the next few days.

I'm also one of two caregivers for my father with alzheimers, stage 5, he's 69. And I'm sole care provider for Matthew, my son with Cerebral palsy.

Teri

Teri
Lapbanded 9-16-08 revision from Lapband to RNY on January 11, 2011
HW 273/ 1st surgery 243/Lapband removed 260/ Current 172/ Goal weight 169

MARIA F.
on 11/29/10 4:52 am - Athens, GA
My heart goes out to u! U really have your hands full!

So glad that u will be able to revise though. Best of luck with your surgery!!!

FormerlyFluffy.com

MARIA F.
on 11/29/10 4:57 am - Athens, GA
Kimberly please don't give up on WLS b/c of the CRAP BAND! I have seen so many great results with revisions!

U apparently are one of the lucky ones that are able to revise. I am stuck with a band that doesn't work............no insurance...........no cash to revise!

Also please not that if u are even remotely considering a revision I would advise getting it as soon as possible b/c so many insurance companies are going with a "one WLS per lifetime" stipulation! I would just hate to hear about u being eligible for a revision and putting it off..............and then your policy adding this and u missing out on a chance to revise!

Good luck hun!!! Keep us updated!

Most Active