band to rny tomorrow!!!

byebyeband
on 11/21/10 1:29 pm - CA
Hi~
Having the band removed and RNY done tomorrow.  I am scared and ready and nervous and excited.  I've spent the day on this site, looking at B & A pix...trying to stay positive. 
I have been on liquids all week, and only clear liquids the last two days (brutal).  I am ready to get on the other side of this!  I want to be healthy, and after 3.5 years with the band, I eat right and work out and never got anywhere.  So that is why I am taking this step. 

Wish me luck and good luck to any fellow surgeries tomorrow!

Pamela

MARIA F.
on 11/21/10 5:21 pm - Athens, GA
U will do much better with the RNY than the band!!! Congrats!
brenbrit58
on 11/21/10 8:15 pm - Milton, FL
wishing you well and good luck

dmle_04
on 11/22/10 3:03 am - Fremont, IN
Hoping the best for you. I know it is so very scary, but I'm sure you have an amazing surgeon and that you will find much success with the RNY. Thinking of you today. God Bless :)
(deactivated member)
on 11/22/10 3:33 am - NJ
You will do great!  I did this almost 20 months ago and it was the BEST THING!!  I am down to 104, from a starting weight of 216 (when I got banded in June 08)!

I couldn't be happier!  Please feel free to ask anything you want!!
hoping4june
on 11/29/10 11:47 pm - MN
 Hey Jennifer!
Wow!  I am impressed with your progress with the RNY.
How did you get your insurance to pay for the revision?  My insurance company will pay for the removal of the band but not for a revision!
"What the caterpillar thought was the end of life, the butterfly realized was just the beginning!"

Most Active