Another RNY patient in despair

sophielyn
on 11/24/10 10:53 am

Who knows what they get so pissy about; its rude and crass either way you look at it.  I doubt very seriously you were a "freak",  anymore than those who tout "no issues" are the norm.  I am sure the happy medium is somewhere in between. 

Happy Thanksgiving!

Kerry J.
on 11/22/10 10:41 pm - Santa Clara, UT
I have no idea what your experience was, but I can say that for me, the DS has been a dream come true. No smelly gas, no diarrhea, no dumping, no food sticking, no mystery, no drama, when I'm hungry I eat what I want to eat and nothing happens. Hell, I've even got some jeans I bought almost 2 years ago and they still fit.

From my experience the RNY was a nightmare a 28 year nightmare, the DS is more than a dream come true because I never in my wildest dreams thought life could be this good.

Kerry 
(deactivated member)
on 11/22/10 5:00 am
HamsterLuv
on 11/22/10 11:25 am - IL
Thanks.  I know my surgeon and his team do not do the DS, but I've been all kinds of links to check out regarding surgeons.  ~Michelle
Nicolle
on 11/22/10 8:06 am
You're in luck. One of the only and BEST RNY-to-DS revision surgeons comes to Chicago (from San Francisco) every few months for our monthly support group meetings--Dr. John Rabkin of Paclap (www.paclap.com.) He's nothing short of awesome, frankly. I searched high and low for a good surgery and surgeon (I am a virgin DS, NOT a revision, but we have plenty of Rabkin revisions floating around on the OH board).

Instead of relying on rumor and hearsay about the DS, come and check it out for yourself. A free meet-and-greet with an expert, plus meet some people with the DS in person and ask questions. Ta-dah!

Stomaphyx, ROSE and such do not have good success rates. I would opt for something with a long-term track record, at this point.

I love my DS. I never feel like I am dieting and I feel so...normal.

Best of luck to you, no matter what you decide.

Nicolle

I had the kick-butt duodenal switch (DS)!

HW: 344 lbs      CW: 150 lbs

Type 2 diabetes and sleep apnea GONE!

HamsterLuv
on 11/22/10 11:06 am - IL
Thanks Nicolle.  I'll check it out as soon as I get a chance.  This being a holiday week and all.  I'm not too far from Chicago so that should work out perfectly.  ~Michelle 
Most Active