REVISION....BCBS/GHI......Just Wondering....

ladymocha
on 11/21/10 7:42 am - Bronx, NY
That was great that you were approved your first try!  I just hope that I'm that lucky!  Since I've gained weight my sleep apnea has gotten worse along with all the other co-morbidities.  I'm going to hope and pray for the best when my stuff is submitted to my insurance.

Thanks for responding!

Y.
(deactivated member)
on 11/22/10 6:17 am - Bayonne, NJ
If you have the comorbidities they should approve you. Don't give up!
ladymocha
on 11/22/10 10:26 am - Bronx, NY
I know the road to approval will be long and hard, but I will not give up!
kjh17536
on 11/22/10 4:05 am - NC
Hi,

I had RNY in 2005 and I weighed 297.  The lowest I ever got was down to 180lbs, but I'm only 5'2", still very chubby.  I just called my original doctor for a revision, and they said that they bill for it as an out of network procedure and that most insurance companies would only pay for part of the bill.  Well when they called my insurance company (Horizon BCBS of NJ) they told them that they didn't have out of network billing for my plan. The doctors office still said that they bill it as out of network.  It sounds pretty crazy that if my insurance says that they don't have an out of network plan, wouldn't you just bill the doctor as in network?  I have to talk to someone again tomorrow and hopefully something positive will happen. 

Thanks!
ladymocha
on 11/22/10 10:32 am - Bronx, NY
WOW!  I'm sure that ALL the people at these insurance companies who have the power to approve/deny these procedues are people who don't have a clue what's like to be overweight!  I really hope that you can get to the bottom of this and you get approved!  Please let me know what happens.  Hang in there and GOOD LUCK!

Y.
Most Active