Anyone have a 1 oz pouch with 100 cm common channel?

Amyiable
on 11/18/10 11:02 am
I'm a revision, and already have a 100 common channel.  This didn't help becuase my stomach is too large. 

My original surgeon cut off the bottom of my stomach and so my pouch was made short and wide.  My pouch was just measured to be over 4 inches in diameter.  My greater curvature is intact and I have never had any restriction with my pouch.

My surgeon has suggested to sleeve the pouch with a 60 fr boughie, which would make it a 1 oz pouch. 

Anyone have any thoughts or heard of anything similar?  Nowadays, sleeves are narrow and long.  Mine would be narrow and short (about 3 inches in length)

Amy
Amyiable ----  Revised again on 12/9/10 
My 16 oz pouch was VSG'd & stoma narrowed to1.2 cm diameter.  Slight changes to limb lengths, to align with DS  (Total sm bowel = 700 cm, alimentary limb = 275 cm, and common channel set at 75cm)  

Highest 325/Weight at revision 241/Current ???/Goal 150

(deactivated member)
on 11/19/10 1:11 am

Amy,

your surgeon will attempt to make your "pouch" smaller.  From what you describe you have a  BPD, you do not have a normally functioning stomach (no pylorus) and you have the greater curvature of your stomach intact, the area which contains the appetite stimulating hormone (ghrelin).  when you say "nowadays, sleeves are narrow and long" it is in reference to sleeve gastrectomy and DS (which has a sleeve in part 1 of the surgery)  since your stomach was cut horizontally you will be unable to have this, as the bottom half of your stomach was already removed for you BPD.  in sleeve and DS the stomach is cut vertically, removing the greater curvature of your stomach leaving the pylorus in tact.  Your surgeon wants to make your pouch smaller-somewhat what they do with RNY when the pouch stretches.    Hope you are well

Mila

Amyiable
on 11/19/10 7:57 pm
Yes.  All of what you say is right. 

The only thing I would add is that my signature originally said BPD, and that was created some time ago when I thought that was what I had.  I recently spoke with a surgeon who said I did not have a BPD, I had a distal bypass.  A BPD has a shorter alimentary limb than what I have. 

I realized my signature error after I read some of these comments, and have now changed it.
Amyiable ----  Revised again on 12/9/10 
My 16 oz pouch was VSG'd & stoma narrowed to1.2 cm diameter.  Slight changes to limb lengths, to align with DS  (Total sm bowel = 700 cm, alimentary limb = 275 cm, and common channel set at 75cm)  

Highest 325/Weight at revision 241/Current ???/Goal 150

Most Active