Revision to Sleeve qustion

Michelle F.
on 11/17/10 11:33 pm
I've posted that I'm going in to talk to my surgeon today about revising from the band to the sleeve.  I've done some research into it but not enough. I know a lot of people who have had a great deal of success but I also know a few people who have gained some weight back after a few years which is my biggest fear.  Can anyone tell me if there are any long term studies on the sleeve and what the long term succes rate actually is?

Thanks guys!
Band to Sleeve Revision 3/1/11

MARIA F.
on 11/18/10 12:46 pm - Athens, GA

So glad you'll be getting a revision! I'm sure u will do much better with the VSG. As far as long term stats, if u ask on the VSG forum I'm sure someone there will be able to provide those to u.

Best of luck!!!
Michelle F.
on 11/19/10 5:09 am
Thanks Maria, I'm praying for you that you can as well.  I went to my surgeon yesterday and he scared the crap out of me with complications but I do think it's something I need to do.  I am going to post of the VSG board.  I also went to a support group last night and talked to a few revisions who have had no complications and have done well so that also made me feel better.

MARIA F.
on 11/19/10 9:27 am - Athens, GA

Thanks! Glad your going to go for it. As long as u have a good, expericenced Dr. u will proabablly have no problems. The ones on the VSG forum can tell u the ones to steer away from I"m sure.

Keep me updated.........n good luck!!!

FormerlyFluffy.com

_rebecca
on 11/18/10 1:40 pm - Houston, TX
VSG on 12/27/10 with

HI there!

I am getting a revision to the sleeve as well.  I can't wait to get my band out and get a tool that really works instead of causing me pain.  Good luck!

Michelle F.
on 11/19/10 5:10 am
So happy for you Rebecca, nobody should have a tool that doesn't work and causes pain.  Good luck to you as well!

Most Active