Lap Band to VSG revision question???

(deactivated member)
on 11/16/10 12:26 am
Arinsho2
on 11/21/10 5:41 am
Christa,
I am going though the process to have my band revised to the sleeve as well. I have decided to do this just a few months ago. I have the same thing with my insurance, I did have Great West but as of the first of the year I will have Best Life (Win Health) Best Life is a one weight loss surgery lifetime rule, so I am a little worried about not being approved. However the ladies and my Doc say I shouldn't have any problems with getting the revision. New insurance, new plan. So I hope this puts you to ease about the insurance issue. Good luck to you and we can deal with the insurance together, support is the best.
Arin
Lynn C
on 11/24/10 5:12 am
I was banded in 2005 and revised to VSG in sept 2010 - I've been on normal foods for a while now and I can honestly say that eating with the VSG is sooooo much simpler than the band. No guessing which foods will work today, no vomiting, foaming or sitting in pain as food just presses on that band. Its like a dream.

My surgery took 5 hours and I was in the hospital for 5 days (done lap though) and although I was misserable the first few days, now I wouldn't change a thing. Other than having the VSG first that is.

Good luck

Lynn C ~
Banded 9/12/2005 ~ Revision to VSG on 9/7/2010 ~ Losing again with a Keto lifestyle

WASaBubbleButt
on 11/24/10 10:38 am - Mexico
I had my band removed 2.5 years ago and revised to a sleeve with a 20.8 BMI. It was the best thing I could have done. The band just doesn't work, most don't do well long term, and it seems that today more are having it removed than new bands placed.

The sleeve is night and day to the band. It really works and vomiting, foaming like a rabid dog, sliming, and overall puking in ways I didn't know were possible just isn't an issue with a sleeve like it is with a band.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
Most Active