Any good revision dr's in GA?

Tracy G.
on 11/14/10 4:48 am - Cartersville, GA
As of January 1 I will have BCBS of AL and they cover WLS.  I had RNY back in 07 and had lost 170 lbs.  Now I have no restriction and can eat anything and larger amounts that I should.  My weight has slowly started to creep back up.  I'm considering a revision from RNY to DS.  I'm not quite sure if they will cover a revision but I know they do cover WLS.  Once my new insurance kicks in I'm going to call and see what are the requirements for a revision.  But, in the meantime anyone know of a good revision surgeon in GA?

Thanks,

Tracy
Lilypie - (r5np)       
georgiabornpeach
on 11/14/10 8:48 am - Lake Park, GA
I tried to find someone in Georgia to do a revision on me, but was not able to.  I don't know if it is because they are not any here or if there are any but the ones who do won't take Medicare(which is my insurance).

I went to Dr Robert Marema in St Augustine, Fl. I had my revision from VBG to RNY on 11/7/10.  I'm glad that I found him!

Good luck!
(deactivated member)
on 11/16/10 12:33 am
Desiree N.
on 11/18/10 3:49 am - Marietta, GA
You'll be hard pressed to find any revision surgeon in GA for the RNY to DS.  I've been hunting this option down for over two years now, and it appears the only experts in this area are on the West Coast.    The DS board has a lot more info on this topic.
Most Active