6 year anniversary need revison any advise?

Incredible S.
on 11/10/10 9:58 am - Northern, IL
Hi everyone! So,I got my Happy Anniversary email.
I had RYN 11/09/04. Was 330 got down to 200 at lowest for about a year and have been around 220 for the last 4 years. This year around 230.

How does it work for a revision? What hoops does the insurance company make you jump through? My BMI is 43.

Thanks for any help!
(deactivated member)
on 11/10/10 12:19 pm

your insurance coverage is really specific for you, depending on what benefits your employer buys for you.  What is covered and specific exclusions.  Even if we had the same insurance type for example Aetna, our policies could be (and most likely are) vastly different. Best to get a copy of your adhesion contract and get to know it well. (subscriber agreement not benefits summary)

Mila

Diane G.
on 11/10/10 1:26 pm - Smithtown, NY
RNY on 07/25/05 with
I had gastric bypass surgery in 2005, revision to lap band in February of this year (Do not do the lap band - it is useless on patients who have already had gastric bypass).  Had the lap band taken out 2 months ago due to ulcerations at the anastomosis, met with a new surgeon today to have a revision done as well as excise the ulcerated portion of my stomach and intestines and was scheduled for surgery on this coming Monday.  He was going to do it on Friday but I would need an upper GI the day after and Winthrop hospital doesn't do that on Saturdays.  I couldn't believe it...5 days!  And, he was going to do it in 2...crazy! 

So, I guess it does depend on the insurance and such.  I hope everything runs smoothly for you!!
justthebeginning
on 11/10/10 9:49 pm - Cambridge, MD
I am thinking about revision surgery.  Can you tell me what "new" surgery you are having?  You orignailly had RNY, right?  Do they just go back and do the RNY over again making the pouch smaller?

Lisa Z.

When we believe, all things are possible!

Lisa N.
on 11/12/10 2:45 pm - Williston Park, NY
 I am having revision surgery on 11/29.  I had RNY in 2003 and Stomaphyx in 2008.  I just met with my new surgeon last month.  The options were, a band over the bypass or revise the bypass.  With the way my original surgery was done, I cannot not have a DS or Sleeve.  After going through testing they found that my pouch has stretched back to an original stomach and the the stoma has stretched.  My surgeon will be redoing the bypass (taking out the staples, making the pouch smaller and removing the other half of my stomach).

Lisa
rexysmamma
on 11/13/10 7:30 am
Hi Lisa:
If I understand u correctly, I had mine done on 8-19-10 and it is not a walk in the park. I had my revision due to 2 fistulas and hernia and of course weight gain.  Please keep in touch with me as u proceed.
Julie
Illinois

Down 75 pounds since 8-19-10 and going.

P.S. I now have a small stomach about 4 oz. and have to really watch everything!  Measure everything everytime and it will be a success!
(deactivated member)
on 11/13/10 12:38 am
Incredible S.
on 11/14/10 3:12 am - Northern, IL
WOW thanks so much for all your helpful information I really appreiate it!

Lisa
(deactivated member)
on 11/14/10 5:01 am
Most Active