New to revison

KarenB
on 11/7/10 7:52 pm - Hampton, VA
Hi everyone, I had RNY done in 2001 and I lost a lot of weight but have gained a lot back. I am wondering what the majority of people change from RNY to what with revision? Has anyone found other Dr's who didnt do the original wls will do the revision???
(deactivated member)
on 11/7/10 9:51 pm
brenbrit58
on 11/7/10 9:56 pm - Milton, FL
I am assuming you can't, have not or won't go to your original surgeon but I did  and I had a small revision done to my RNY 2 weeks ago.
I don 't see why there would be a problem going to another Dr. unless you are looking for a totally different type of WLS.
I too had gained some weight back but I did not lose enough weight and stopped not even close to my goal. Honestly weather it was because of not having an agressive enough bypass or me eating easy foods to get down, bad habits and having a horrible metabolism (prolly all of the above). This time I am hoping I will lose enough weight to make the Dr happy and see I am not really sitting at home eating my way through the fridge and pantry. I just want to make it to the 170's, but we'll see.

NJ_Princess
on 11/10/10 12:55 pm - NJ

Just wondering what type of small revision you had done?  I like the idea of a small revision :)

ga_sweetpeach
on 11/10/10 8:47 pm - ATLANTA, GA

So when did you have your orignal surgery and when did you start gainning weight

Jennifer pos-op 2002

Lisa N.
on 11/10/10 10:10 am - Williston Park, NY
 I had my RNY done in 2003 and a stomaphyx  done in 2008. I gained most of my weight back.  After talking to my original surgeon since January about another revision. It would either be a lapband or revising the RNY. He referred me to Dr. Roslin  (they used to work together in the same office) Roslin is very well known in NY for doing revisions. He is at Lenox Hill Hospital. 
I will have my revision surgery on 11/29.

Lisa
(deactivated member)
on 11/10/10 12:32 pm

revision wls is not like virgin wls and requires a higher skill set level.  rny to ds is the highest skill set level and there are only a handful of  surgeons to take this on, drs Keshasian, Rabkin, Gagner, Greenbaum.  I would not suggest the distal RNY.  I notice most revise from rny to ds.  good luck with your revision.

Mila

Most Active