Lap Band to RNY

(deactivated member)
on 11/8/10 8:51 am - NJ
On November 8, 2010 at 7:13 AM Pacific Time, oneprincess2 wrote:
Thanks soooo much for all of those words of encouragement. I needed that, now I only have get these 2 weeks of Optifast under my belt. This is the 4th day and I want food!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
You can do it!!  Of course, this is coming from someone who had no pre-op liquid diet! 

Hang in there and think about the end result!  If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me!  I so love the fact that I can pay it forward by answering what I can here!  When I went though the revision process,  hearing from people who had been through what I was going through is what kept me going!

candie33
on 11/8/10 10:42 am
Thanking u so much for sharing your story.  I would love to keep up with u as well. This is very scary moving forward and I would like to keep in contact with people who have traveled this road before me.
(deactivated member)
on 11/8/10 10:21 pm - NJ
On November 8, 2010 at 6:42 PM Pacific Time, candie33 wrote:
Thanking u so much for sharing your story.  I would love to keep up with u as well. This is very scary moving forward and I would like to keep in contact with people who have traveled this road before me.
Sure!  I would love to keep up with you as well! 
(deactivated member)
on 11/9/10 10:19 am
You took the words right outta my mouth as far as "No more reflux, puking, sliming, "verping" or anything." I am soooooo over the LB I want it out yesterday my surgery is scheduled for Monday if they dont move it up then I will officially know what hell on earth is like....Im going from band to sleeve but my only concern is that I have lost all my weight I dont want to lose anymore and I worry that having to start all over again that I will......anyway just wanted to comment ur post because its nice to know im not alone in how much work the band has become for  me.
myspanisheyes
on 12/4/10 12:12 pm - TX
Hi Jennifer,
My name is Rosemary. I too, had the lapband....and for 18 months was unable to eat real food other than soups refried beans and cottage chesse. I was never got out of that stage. I finally had a band slip for all the puking did.  I lived off of shakes until I couldn't even drink or swallow my own spit. I had it removed March 16,2010 during spring break (I'm a teacher). I finally got my date this past Tuesday...Dec. 30, 2010 to revise to RNY. I was hoping to have it during Christmas break... Teacher or not, I took it. I have plenty of time to take off...My health is more important. Thank you for your information. I too, would like to keep in touch with you, since you also had the band and have 18 months of knowledge on the RNY. 
Thanks again fo your  words of wisdom!

terilynn112
on 11/9/10 8:55 am - maryland, NY

We band to RNY's should stick together.

I'm another failed band. The reflux is so bad, I hate life.  I take way to much medication to control it, and my band is empty.   I hate it.   I've actually gained back all I'd lost and more. :(  I'm so depressed over that... and I have to wait until after the new year.   I'm approved for surgery, but will need to wait because my surgeon is so backed up.

Teri

Teri
Lapbanded 9-16-08 revision from Lapband to RNY on January 11, 2011
HW 273/ 1st surgery 243/Lapband removed 260/ Current 172/ Goal weight 169

jenncore
on 11/9/10 9:10 am - MA
Hi, I just had my revision from band to RYN last week so I don't know how much help I'll be. Post-op was a little bit rough for me. I had a lot of bleeding through my drain. My doctor says this is very uncommon and within a day or so I was doing better. I went in on Wednesday and came home on Sunday. Other than being exhausted I feel pretty good. The pain isn't bad at all and I haven't had to take any pain meds since early yesterday.

I don't know what the future holds but anything is better than what I went through with two failed lapbands! I wish you the very best with whatver the future holds for you!

Jenn
byebyeband
on 11/13/10 8:07 am - CA
Hi Oneprincess (I am a total princess too ;))

I had my band placed in 4-07, and am getting RNY on Nov. 22 (started liquids today)!  I CAN'T FREAKIN WAIT to finally lose weight.  I only lost 30 lbs w/ LB (280 down to 250) and have only gained it back.  I was 280 again at the surgeon's office in August when I decided to get the RNY.  I am a teacher so I waited for Thanksgiving week so I'll only miss 2 days of school. 

I am new to OH, and haven't figured out the site much...but hope to find other peeps in my position...and I look forward to losing weight w/ you all!

Pamela
MARIA F.
on 11/13/10 9:17 am - Athens, GA

I really hate to see all these sad band stories! I can not imagine why they keep it on the market! They have done damage to a lot of ppl here!!!

I know it is difficult but I urge all of you to post your experiences on the Lap Band forum! There are so few ppl that will post about these problems there and if more of u posted this could possibly save some pre-op from going through what we have!!!
charleston-mom
on 12/9/10 4:43 am, edited 12/9/10 4:43 am
I'm 3 years out from revision from band to RNY. It's the best thing I ever did. I stay between 105 to 108 pounds and have lost 100% of my excess weight (175 pounds since the revision). You can do it! (I'm almost 5'3")
Most Active