Lap Band to RNY

Bucketta
on 11/6/10 4:09 pm
I, too out in the process of a lapband to RNY revision.  I haven't gained all my weight back but then I never lost all that much either.  I have a hard time eating anything solid.  I am so looking forward to RNY.  I honestly think I need the dumping, to keep me away from sweets, although I really do not do that many and the malabsorption.  I want to get this surgery over with like yesterday and be back on the losers bench.  I really wouldn't care if my surgery date was in Dec.  The sooner the better I think.

Jacqueline

Jacqueline 
 RNY 1/24/11

(deactivated member)
on 11/6/10 10:07 pm
Sarah P.
on 11/6/10 8:23 pm
I was banded 2 times and have since revised to RNY. I am so happy! I don't slime, PB or puke! And NO reflux!!! It was the best thing I have done for myself.

HW / SW / CW / GW
270   252   178 150        
oneprincess2
on 11/7/10 1:30 am - new bern, NC
Yes the reflux was REALLLL BADDDD for me. Besides not losing weight I was having reflux real bad. So they couldn't give me a fill. But I pray that it goes away once the band is gone. Even on the 2 week Optifast diet I am having issues with reflux. I'm ready for it to be over, and start my new healthy life!
(deactivated member)
on 11/6/10 10:00 pm
oneprincess2
on 11/7/10 1:32 am - new bern, NC
Thank you for your wishes. I hope that it all goes well for me too. A speedy recovery is needed because I am in school right now!
TamaraL
on 11/7/10 12:25 am
I just recently had my lap band removed and the RNY done on October 8th.  It has been great so far.  I really am glad I had my revision.

I am losing again. But #1 I feel so much better!!  My stomach hated the band.  I was in pain a lot of the time, Had stomach spasms, reflux from down under. 

TAmara

oneprincess2
on 11/7/10 1:34 am - new bern, NC
I'm glad that things are looking up for you now. I hope that they go well for me too.
(deactivated member)
on 11/7/10 7:33 am - NJ
Hey!  I did that too, and I am now over 18 months out and down 110 pounds to my current weight of 106 (I am 5 feet tall).

Suffered with bad reflux and I only lost 15 pounds (give or take, and gained most of that back in the time that my band was removed and I had RNY, which was about a month).  I had the band installed June 08, out March 09, then RNY April 09.

Just wanted to give you some feedback as someone who is a little farther out!  Best thing I ever did was to get that damn band out and revise to RNY.  No more reflux, puking, sliming, "verping" or anything.  No creepy port under my skin and no more fills and unfills, and trying to get the elusive "sweet spot", which in my opinion doesn't exist.

You will do great!
oneprincess2
on 11/7/10 11:13 pm - new bern, NC
Thanks soooo much for all of those words of encouragement. I needed that, now I only have get these 2 weeks of Optifast under my belt. This is the 4th day and I want food!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
Most Active