Band to Sleeve revision

candie33
on 11/5/10 1:54 am
Wondering...what is the success rate for  people *****vise from the lapband to the sleeve. Should eating habits be the deciding factor for choosing the sleeve. EX if you are a volume eater I  can see where the sleeve would be benifical but if you eat high carb foods, do you think a person can be successful or they should look for surgery will have the malabsorption piece?
(deactivated member)
on 11/5/10 2:10 am, edited 11/5/10 2:33 am
I am looking into this EXACT THING.  Would ALSO appreciate info.  [email protected].  Thanks!
(deactivated member)
on 11/5/10 2:34 am
I made an error.  I do not know the password to the email.  Please use [email protected], everyone.  Thanks!
(deactivated member)
on 11/5/10 5:04 am
(deactivated member)
on 11/9/10 12:33 am

this question is not as easy to answer as it seems.  there are so many factors, but one of the most important is your post lap ban esophogeal health.  if you have suffered permanent irreversible damages that interfer with the mechanics of the esophogus then your outcome will be very different than someone who had no long term permanenet complications, even if they were severe (ex lap band eroded-is easily fixed with time,  and surgey and is not a permanent damage issue)  how successful were you with the band, what issues do you have? how much do you have to lose, your bmi, age, gender, every surgery has its thing.  no one surgery is best for all.  this is a very difficult choice, keep looking asking questions, especially to 5+ year sleeve patients (if you chose this road)

Mila

Most Active