surgery 11/2 NYC band to DS

(deactivated member)
on 10/31/10 9:48 pm
hi all,

I am relatively new to OH.  I am a lap-band to DS revision, so posted on DS board so thought I would post here also.  Any last minute advice would be great.  Well I just got my pcp clearance on thursday, so last minute arrangements for surgery.  I am flying out today, surgery 11/2.   Doing my last minute packing, etc.  Dr Roslin will do my surgery at Lenoxhill.  Phew so many procedures I have had in the last 8 months and 2 surgeries, wondering if I would ever get here.  I have already ordered my vitamins.  Will post next week the hospital doesn't have wifi.  Thanks for any info....would appreciate prayers....

Mila

HW 330lbs, SW 297lbs, post lap-band 126lbs, 8 years lap band ,severe late term complications, explanted 2010 and revision on 11/2..... 
Lisa N.
on 11/1/10 2:26 am - Williston Park, NY
 I having a revision of my gastric bypass with Dr. Roslin on 11/29.  I waiting on insurance approval. I had gastric bypass in 2003 at Lenox Hill with a different surgeon, and stomaphyx in 2008.  With the way that my original bypass was preformed, I can only be revised back to a bypass. There is noway a DS or sleeve can be preformed.

Where are you flying in from?
I know that whole program has changed at Lenox Hill since I had my surgery.  The diet after surgery is different, ( they keep you on liquids longer than they did when I first had surgery)the support groups are run differently.

I couldn't believe how many times I was in NYC in the last  two weeks to have all the testing done that Dr. Roslin required.

Good luck with your surgery.  You will be in my thoughts.

Lisa
(deactivated member)
on 11/1/10 9:08 am
hi Lisa

oh 11/29 will be here before you know it.  I am flying to laguardia airport.  I will be on liquids for 4 weeks post op.  thank you for the kind words.....

Mila
Lisa N.
on 11/1/10 3:41 pm - Williston Park, NY
 I am hoping I will still have my surgery.  Dr. Rivera the psychologist, doesn't want to give me clearance.  I was just on the phone with her yesterday, after meeting with Dr. Roslin on Friday to discuss my test results.  He feels that I need the surgery, she thinks I should wait for 6-9 months because of compliance issues.  He feels that its not about compliance.  My former surgeon and I have been discussing revision surgery for the last 10 months before he referred me to Dr. Roslin (they used to work in the same office) I am so confused. Dr. Rivera will meet with Dr. Roslin on Wednesday to discuss this. So we will see what happens.

Good luck, you are in great hands.  Dr. Roslin  and his team operated on three members of my extended family.  They all had RNY's and they did great.

Lisa
(deactivated member)
on 11/1/10 7:46 pm
hi Lisa,

While i don't know your specifics i understand about the waiting, etc.  Hopefully when the drs chat they can figure out what is best for you and the confusion will be less.  I do like dr Roslin's personality, direct, to the point, no BS.  I will post next week when i get back home, thanks for the nice words.

Mila
Most Active