What's required for a revision?

kim W.
on 10/30/10 7:14 am - west des moines, IA
Going to make the plung into getting a revision from my RNY. I am leaning more towards the DS after a lot of reading.
Does most doc's require you to do all the same steps like being a first timer? Like seeing the shrink?
I live in the midwest and my original surgeon was Grinnell. I have an appt with them on the 18th. They claim they do revisions but I have a feeling they do not do DS revisions, unless I am extreamly lucky.
I am looking at either MN for the revision, are there many out there that have had this with them?
And have many of you had issues with getting approved for a revision threw Aetna?
(deactivated member)
on 10/30/10 9:21 am
Tinker-47
on 10/31/10 7:21 am - MN
If you are looking at having it done in MN -- I give my surgeon at the Universityof MN a "10+"  and I do know he does many revisions including the DS he did mine however we did band to Roux but we looked over all of the options and then decide dwhat woudl be best for me... He is a great surgeon he is the best of the best you can google him his name is in my profile Dr S. Ikramuddin he and his staff are great!  he is also in the surgeons page here you can read what others say about he gets high marks from all his patients !  I would not of had anyone else!

Banded 11/27/06  /
Revision to Roux 9-21-10
Pre op 271              pre-op weight 235
Surgery Day 257   Surgery day 228   
Current 176            Current  211 
Goal 130                 Goal 130               

kim W.
on 11/9/10 9:45 pm - west des moines, IA
Thank you. It is great to hear that some one has gone to Minn for a revision. Not willing to travel all the way to Cali for the surgery.
Most Active