Who does revisions in Alabama?

Susanw
on 10/28/10 12:49 pm - AL
I had gastric surgery in 2004 and have not had the outcome I wanted.  Looking for a dr. in Alabama to do a revision.  My original dr. is now at Vanderbilt.
MsBatt
on 10/29/10 6:01 am
What part of AL are you in? What WLS did youo have, and what sort of revision are you looking for? And who did your original surgery, and how long ago? Dr. Hugh Houston in Nashville does revisions.
Susanw
on 10/30/10 12:56 pm - AL
I am in south Alabama.  I had the Rou-En-Y with Dr. Clements at UAB in March of 2004.  I am just trying to find out what my options are.  I don't want to gain this weight back but I am so I need to do something.  I am looking for suggestions.  Any help-please
MsBatt
on 10/31/10 5:12 am
If you want to revise from your RNY to a DS, there are only about four surgeons in the US who're capable of doing that---Rabkin and Keshishian in CA, Husted in AZ, and Greenbaum in NJ.
Shawnta H.
on 10/31/10 7:38 am - Ellicott City, MD
Actually, there are more than just those four.  For example Dr. Vanguri in Maryland and Dr. Elariny in Virginia both do full RNY to DS revisions.  I have not done much research on Dr. Elariny but I know his complication rate is well below the national average.  As for Dr. Vanguri he is a very skilled surgeon that has been performing WLS for more than 20 years he has been performing the DS as a 1st procedue for over 10 years and he has been performing RNY to DS revisions for more than 5 years.  I have personally met several of his revision patients and they are very happy and healthy and have experienced no complications.  His complication rate is also well below the national average and I have found his staff to be very helpful and patient.  I'm not sure why more of his pateints are not active on this site but they are out here.  Based on everthing I have seen on this site Drs. Rabkin, Keshishian, Husted, and Greenbaum are excellent surgeons but they are by no means the ONLY skilled surgeons that perform the RNY to DS revision.   
MsBatt
on 10/31/10 7:45 am
You're right, I always forget Vanguri. As you say, he just doesn't seem to have any patients who post much. But how I managed to forget Elariny---!!!
Susanw
on 10/31/10 7:48 am - AL
You can tell I have no clue what is available.  I thought you could just go have everything tightened up.  I didn't realized you had to go through that.  I have a lot of research to do.  Thanks for your help.  Any suggestions on where to look or what to do will be appreciated.
Most Active