ROSE

bena
on 10/28/10 3:57 am - Hallandale, FL
Has anyone had the ROSE procedure? 
WASaBubbleButt
on 10/29/10 5:22 am - Mexico
On October 28, 2010 at 10:57 AM Pacific Time, bena wrote:
Has anyone had the ROSE procedure? 

Lots of people and it hasn't worked for any of them.  Go through and read old threads, they are all the same.  People lose about 20# on the post op diet and then as soon as they start on solids they gain it back.

The only people that claim it works is a couple of MD office employees posing as patients pushing their surgeon.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
bena
on 10/30/10 12:06 pm - Hallandale, FL
Thank you.  What about band over RNY
WASaBubbleButt
on 10/30/10 12:20 pm - Mexico
On October 30, 2010 at 7:06 PM Pacific Time, bena wrote:
Thank you.  What about band over RNY

That is the least effective surgery type for revisions.  Consider this, the band isn't all that great for virgin WLS folks.  You are metabolically challenged now due to having RNY.  Losing 5# today is much harder than it was before you ever had surgery, right?  All the band is going to do is give you a bit of restriction for a few years, not forever.  Don't let anyone tell you the band is forever, 25% lose their band in the first 5 years and another 25% need a corrective surgery in the first 5 years for a mechanical problem.  That is according to the band makers own website.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
(deactivated member)
on 10/30/10 11:22 am
MBeauty
on 11/11/10 10:01 pm - Freeport, NY
Hi

I had the ROSE what a waste of time.  So if you can talk to your doctor about the Lab Band. I now have the Lab Band over RNY and it working.  You just have to take your time. I love having the Band and I tell everyone its the best for me. 

Hope I was able to help you. 
bena
on 11/11/10 11:41 pm - Hallandale, FL
Thank you so much! I am having a consult to get the band over ryn.  How was the healing?  How much time did you need to take off?  How does it differ from the RYN?

I am so excited I have someone to talk to that had this done.

Brenda
MBeauty
on 11/20/10 10:09 am - Freeport, NY
Hi

Sorry it took me a while to get back to you but I'm not on the computer everyday.  You will love the band.  I only took a week off from work and when I when back I only did light work.  You will love the band It will teach you to eat slow, stop when you a full or think you about to be full. Everything you suppose to do with the RNY you will do with the Band believe me.  The only think i have problem with are leaf things.  It just don't go down right.  Oh yeah and I can eat no dry meat.  But if you need to know anything please let me know.  Right now I'm doing great my band it at 7.50cc full and I started at 1cc  but the doctor have to do your full in steps to see how you handle it.  I think I'm going to be here for a while because it feel just right.  I'm able to eat my protein and veggies with no problem and I feel good for hours.

Keep in touch with me and let me know you decide to do.
Most Active