Anybody use Dr.Marek Lutrzykowski for revision from rny to ds?

Carly J
on 10/28/10 2:07 am - southeastern, MI
I am just getting statred in the revision process and am looking for all the information I can get. Thanks!

Pre surgery 300 lbs, lowest after 175 lbs, re-gain highest 249 lbs, current 211 lbs, goal 170 lbs!      

sosoclark
on 10/28/10 5:10 am - Sacramento, CA

Hi Carly,

I think I remember you from another board. What type of revision are you wanting to get? Sorry I don't have any information about this doctor.

Sophia

Carly J
on 10/29/10 12:07 am - southeastern, MI
Thinking of getting the DS. I am just in the process of gathering information. Good to "see" you Sophia.

Pre surgery 300 lbs, lowest after 175 lbs, re-gain highest 249 lbs, current 211 lbs, goal 170 lbs!      

sosoclark
on 10/29/10 12:18 am - Sacramento, CA
I'm in the proccess and waiting on my appeal. It is a proccess for a revision so hang in there. I think there are only a few surgeons in the US that actually do a revision so make sure you do your homework. My Doctor is Dr. Ara Keshishin and I just love him wonderful man. Mind you there is a program fee of $4000 for revision but it is so worth it. there a number of his patients that are on the board that will tell you about their experience with him. So the ones I believe do revision are Rabkin, Keshishin, Stewart and Greenbaum (sp) there might be some more. Take a look at dsfacts for more information.

If you need anything just let me know.

Sophia
(deactivated member)
on 10/28/10 2:47 pm
Carly J
on 10/29/10 12:10 am - southeastern, MI
Thanks for your imput! I can and will travel but what about aftercare? I would love to find someone in my state who can do non-judgemental follow up and aftercare. Let me know your thoughts seeking healthy....

(deactivated member)
on 10/29/10 2:29 am
WASaBubbleButt
on 10/29/10 5:15 am - Mexico
On October 28, 2010 at 9:47 PM Pacific Time, seeking healthy wrote:
 I believe Dr. L is good at doing virgin DS's but I don't think he has done to many revisions from RNY to DS if this is what you are looking for.

The revision from the RNY to the DS is the most complicated revision of all.  Honestly I would only trust a vetted skilled revision surgeon who has done literally hundreds of them.  From my research I have found there are only a handful of them in or around the US.  Dr. Keshishian (CA), Dr. Rabkin, (CA), Dr. Greenbaum and Dr. Gagner.  If you are thinking of Dr. L then I would definitely interview him and find out what his skill set is.  Find out just how many revisions he has performed.  Myself, I wasn't comfortable with going to anyone but one of the best for this type of procedure.  Dr. L is in my state but I chose to travel to Dr. Keshishian due to the knowledge base.

Good Luck to you

And John Husted in Phoenix.

He is more experienced that Dr. Keshishiahn.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
(deactivated member)
on 10/29/10 7:51 am
WASaBubbleButt
on 11/1/10 1:07 am - Mexico
On October 29, 2010 at 2:51 PM Pacific Time, seeking healthy wrote:
On October 29, 2010 at 12:15 PM Pacific Time, WASaBubbleButt wrote:
On October 28, 2010 at 9:47 PM Pacific Time, seeking healthy wrote:
 I believe Dr. L is good at doing virgin DS's but I don't think he has done to many revisions from RNY to DS if this is what you are looking for.

The revision from the RNY to the DS is the most complicated revision of all.  Honestly I would only trust a vetted skilled revision surgeon who has done literally hundreds of them.  From my research I have found there are only a handful of them in or around the US.  Dr. Keshishian (CA), Dr. Rabkin, (CA), Dr. Greenbaum and Dr. Gagner.  If you are thinking of Dr. L then I would definitely interview him and find out what his skill set is.  Find out just how many revisions he has performed.  Myself, I wasn't comfortable with going to anyone but one of the best for this type of procedure.  Dr. L is in my state but I chose to travel to Dr. Keshishian due to the knowledge base.

Good Luck to you

And John Husted in Phoenix.

He is more experienced that Dr. Keshishiahn.

Ah yes, experienced in revisions as well.  Almost forgot about him.  Haven't seen to much on him since his recent move to Phoenix.

Only one concern I would have is that I have read a couple of post in the past year where some of his patients have not come out with the full DS.  Not sure of all the details but would definitely warrant further information gathering if it is a true DS you're seeking.  Just something to check out and maybe a topic point during the interview selection process.

Ahhh yes, the sleeve portion.

I did ask him about this, it would be a deal breaker for me if I were in those shoes but a patient has every right in the world to decline to have their pouch remain.  However, he does make sense. Doesn't mean I agree, I would not if it were me but he makes sense.  It's not like he doesn't give you a choice, you know?  Some people want less risk.

I asked about stoma dilation.  He said if it hasn't happened in the first three years it is not likely to happen.  If they can tolerate NSAIDs at the three year point, no problem.  Basically he said that if they don't have the mega complications at the three year point and they are proven not to have pouch and stoma  issues, why take the risk of taking down the pouch?  If they can't eat dense protein or veggies, if they can't tolerate NSAIDs, if they have any problems whatsoever, he takes down the pouch and revises to a sleeve.

I had a band thus, I had a pouch and stoma.  I would never in a gazillion years consider bypass having had a pouch/stoma previously.  I already know I can't hack it.  But that doesn't mean others are not happy with what they have.

If someone is happy with their pouch and they want less risk during RNY to DS... so be it.  They have the right.  They aren't being tricked into anything.  They know full well and consent to what THEY want.  I don't see a problem with this.

There are people here inferring he does ERNY instead of DS.  That is an agenda filled load of steaming crap.  It's a flat out lie.  it's a method to push their own surgeon, for what reason?  I don't know, the readers need to investigate truth instead of the drama others would have them believe.

Me?  I'm thrilled we finally have a safe revision surgeon in AZ.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
Most Active