Thinking and questions

kim W.
on 10/23/10 1:30 pm - west des moines, IA
I had RNY back in early 2007, did great for about a year and half then started to settle out and my life changed (for the good) Over the years I have gotten confy in my office job and have gained about all of it back. Over the years I have had a lot of questions on if this is normal and would like to know if anyone has had them as well or this is really good amo to take to the surgen for a revise.

Does anyone elses middle make noises threw out the day, almost too loud. My son can hear it over the tv sometimes. It will make gurgle noises at any time over the day.
I have this extra something that comes out when I laugh or cough. My husband thinks this is way weird. I can not eat brocoli all the time, it blocks everything and I have to purge. Rice is a big one too. Most meat, no issues.  I will have weeks where I can only eat a little because I will have to purge everything because something is blocking. It can be very unconfertable.
I know something has grown because if I was able to eat 1/2 cup after surgery, now I can eat about 4 cups.

I have been thinking about a revision for the past few years but my life has been to busy to fit in. Now I have been thinking of it more and more. I found that I can get atena and they approve it. So I am hoping I can get something going by the first of the year.
My orig surgen left the state after a year, the office still does do revisions so I am thinking about going back there.
Want to get something done and I know it takes time....what a pain
sosoclark
on 10/24/10 8:24 am - Sacramento, CA
Welcome to my world!! I am currenty working on getting a revision from RNY 2006 I haven't gained all of my weight back so I jumped on the road to revision. Eating wish I can eat about 4 cups of food too. You need to make an appointment with your PCP and then request a upper GI. Good luck Sophia
WASaBubbleButt
on 10/24/10 1:43 pm - Mexico
Which surgery are you considering?

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
kim W.
on 10/24/10 10:34 pm - west des moines, IA
Not sure on the revision type yet. Really just want to see what is going on in there and see what the best way to get this corrected so I can be somewhat normal again.
For the people that have had hernia's, do they hurt? How did you know you had one to get fixed?
Kilaani
on 10/26/10 2:56 pm - Las Vegas, NV
Be very careful of doing whatever revision your surgeon's office does - they will push you in one direction if they don't do another surgery that might be best for you.

Make sure the surgery you choose is right for you.

I am here to say that with any surgery, sometimes folks have different food issues - whether it's rny or band or DS, some folks struggle with rice or broccoli or different kinds of meats.

The main issue and question is:  are you willing to do the protein supplements and vitamin regimes you will need with a more malabsorptive revision? Obviously if you are a RNY now, a band is not going to be your answer. A Distal RNY or a DS will BOTH REQUIRE a huge amount of vitamin committment.... and protein shakes most likely. Are you ready for that? I don't have enough time or I am too busy will not cut it - you need to be committed to this for LIFE or you can become severely compromised nutritionally - people can die from malnutrition.  You probably know that already but I wanted to make sure.

I thank God for my revision everyday, but it's definitely something that can be a problem if I let it slide.

Best of luck,

Jill - revision - band to DS 3/10/05 Dr. Baltasar, Spain
440/140/149  hw/cw/gw - 5'5" -300lbs -- bmi 73.2 to 24.8 :) GOAL MET 10/26/10!!.... Even made 140 September 2012. Been ranging 4-6lbs from 144-146 since then. Back to 140 December 2012, hoping to see it again after I feel better and start working out. 

Most Active