Dr.Vanguri RNY to DS revision

Shawnta H.
on 10/22/10 6:59 am - Ellicott City, MD

HAs anyone had Dr. Vanguri for their revision.  I will actually be a ERNY to DS revision and I would like to use a surgeon close to home.  I appreciate any/all feedback.

WASaBubbleButt
on 10/22/10 8:17 am - Mexico
On October 22, 2010 at 1:59 PM Pacific Time, Shawnta H. wrote:

HAs anyone had Dr. Vanguri for their revision.  I will actually be a ERNY to DS revision and I would like to use a surgeon close to home.  I appreciate any/all feedback.

Is he listed on DSFacts.com?

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
Shawnta H.
on 10/22/10 8:29 am - Ellicott City, MD
Yes he is!
WASaBubbleButt
on 10/22/10 9:18 am - Mexico
On October 22, 2010 at 3:29 PM Pacific Time, Shawnta H. wrote:
Yes he is!

Great!  There you go!  Did you post this on the DS forum?

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
MsBatt
on 10/22/10 10:00 am
There are a LOT of surgeons listed on DSFacts who do NOT do RNY-to-DS revisions, and I've never heard of Dr. Vanguri doing them. I'd be talking to Dr. Maguire if I were you.
pokerchips
on 10/22/10 1:43 pm, edited 10/22/10 1:44 pm
Dr. Vanguri has been performing WLS's for a very long time, he is one of the most experienced WL surgeons around. Yes, he does perform RNY or ERNY to DS revisions. One of my OH friends is AngieB67 who Dr. Vanguri performed a DS on in 2007..look her up and send her an inquiry message about Dr. V. I don't think AngieB67 was a revision but the people I know he revised to DS are not on OH. He is an experienced surgeon with a very gentle spirit you would like him. I often see people sing the praises of several surgeons on this site but I doubt if many of them are as experienced with performing several types of WLS's as Dr. V.

I wish you the best with what ever surgeon you choose.

Change is a Process Not an Event

Shawnta H.
on 10/23/10 12:07 am - Ellicott City, MD
Thank you!  I have spoken with Beverly and Deloris in his office and I really like them especially Beverly.  I don't have an appointment yet becasue he is out of network so my insurance company is making me go to John's Hopkins before they will approve me going out of network.  I tried to tell them that Dr. Schweitzer does not do the ERNY to DS revision but someone in their office said they are able to do my revision so I have to go there first.  I called Hopkins and asked what type of revision they do and they told me they would revise my bypass and thighten my pouch.  I have news for them THEY WILL DO NO SUCH THING I AM GETTING A DS THIS TIME PERIOD!  The only good thing is that I'm getting all of the testing done and all the paperwork completed so once my insurance negotiates a rate with Dr. Vanguri I'll be ready for surgery.  I have spoken to quite a few of his patients and they were very pleased with his work including DS revisions.  I just like to get as much information as possible.  I know there are amazing surgeons all over the country but I would just rather have my surgeon nearby in the event I experience complications. 
Most Active