Revision of Roux-N-Y after 7 years

tinkerbell7977
on 10/22/10 11:45 pm - Crystal Falls, MI
I just had a revision of my bypass. I am starting back at square one! I am feeling great and am excited to finally get down to goal.
dana712
on 10/23/10 12:08 am
What did you revise to?

Dana
Shawnta H.
on 10/23/10 12:23 am - Ellicott City, MD
Did you revise to the ERNY or did you do something else?
ellton
on 10/23/10 1:25 pm
Hey Shawnta.  Did you revise to an ERNY?

Tonya
Shawnta H.
on 10/23/10 10:13 pm - Ellicott City, MD
Yes I did have the ERNY revision and it was a waste of time!  I  lost about 20 lbs and can't get the rest of the weight off.  This time I am having a DS no matter what!
LSMITH
on 10/25/10 1:57 am - NORWALK, CT
HI SHAWNTA HOW COME YOU SAID THAT THE ERNY WAS A WASTE OF TIME? HOW DID THE REVISION GO WAS THERE ALOT OF PAIN? WAS IT HARD TO GET IT APPROVED FROM THE INSURANCE?
Shawnta H.
on 10/25/10 2:42 am - Ellicott City, MD
Hello,  for me the ERNY was a waste of time and energy becasue I didn't lose any weight despite my best efforts.  I really wanted the DS in 2007 when I got my revision but I allowed my surgeon to talk me into the ENRY saying that the results are comparable (what a crock).  I know several people that had the ERNY around the same time I had it and they have had the same experience some suffered health problems as a result of this surgery.  My insurance covered it without a problem and so far it looks like they are going to cover this revision as well.  If you are considering a revision PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't allow your Surgeon to infuence your decision.  Make your decision then seek out a surgeon that does the EXACT procedure you desire.  Otherwise they will get you into their office and tell you all the horrible things that can happen with "other' procedures.   BE YOU OWN ADVOCATE INSIST ON GETTING THE PROCEDURE THAT BEST SUITS YOU AND YOUR GOALS!   Good Luck! 
Oh I forgot to mention the pain. The pain was not that bad but I am not the best person to ask that question.  I have a very high tolerance for pain and I was back to work within ten days (not the norm).
shelia f. M.
on 10/25/10 11:34 am - Houston, TX
what is the DS?
lauralisi
on 2/26/11 2:04 am - Dona Ana, NM
I revised from rny to ds  after 10 years.  feeling great.  see info at dsfacts.com    Best of luck to you
Larissa P.
on 2/26/11 2:19 am - Denton, TX
Links in my siggy. :)
Duodenal Switch hybrid due to complications.

Click! > DS Documents ~ VitaLady.com ~ DSFacts.com ~ OH DS FB
Most Active