REVISION SURGERY mISSOURI/WESTERN KANSAS

travismom
on 10/21/10 4:32 am
I had RNY surgery in 2006 I have recently learned that my surgeon left a huge pouch which resulted in minimal weight loss. I am looking into a revsion or if possible banding. I live in Missouri and have Humana Gold Choice insurance. Anybody know anyone that can help me?
WASaBubbleButt
on 10/21/10 7:19 am - Mexico
On October 21, 2010 at 11:32 AM Pacific Time, travismom wrote:
I had RNY surgery in 2006 I have recently learned that my surgeon left a huge pouch which resulted in minimal weight loss. I am looking into a revsion or if possible banding. I live in Missouri and have Humana Gold Choice insurance. Anybody know anyone that can help me?

First thing you want to do is see if YOUR policy covers revisions.  Not all Humana Gold Choice members have the same exact policy.

Then you want to decide what WLS type you want to revise to.  What type of revision are you looking for, fixing your pouch or a whole different surgery type?

How do you know the surgeon made a large pouch vs. the pouch dilating as it will do over time?

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
MsBatt
on 10/21/10 7:27 am
I would advise against banding. The Band has a LOT of problems, and you've already got one WLS that's giving you trouble---why struggle with TWO?

Given your BMI, I suggest you look into the Sleeve. It's a restriction-only surgery that will give you back a fully-functional, but tiny, stomach. If you think you also need malabsorption, then look at the DS---it has the same stomach as the Sleeve, plus an intestinal re-routing to give malabsorption.
April Greer
on 10/21/10 11:29 am - Springfield, MO
I'm in Mo. and looking at a couple of surgeons in CA. for a revision from RNY to DS.  No one around here has the experience like the ones out of state.  If I have to do it over I'm going to the best.  Good Luck
April     
Most Active