At war with body and mind

mommashart
on 10/20/10 7:01 am
Quick tidbit on me.  RNY 2002, started 326, lost 180lbs. Got married around 150lbs.  Had 3 babies within the past 4years (gained 20,21,22 lbs with each pregnancy).  Youngest is almost 7months.  I have been working extremly hard to lose weight.  I focus everyday on eating and exercising.  But intstead I'm gaining.  I have now re-gained over 75lbs. 

Why on earth am I gaining weight when I should be losing???  Ever since I gave birth I've been gaining 1-2lbs a week.  This just seems completely wrong because I have been adhering to pouch rules and exercising, and have been really focusing HARD on trying to lose weight.  I just broke down crying to my husband because I felt like I "cheated" by eating a tiny handful goldfish crackers.  He simply said that doesn't sound like cheating, but that's how awful I feel.  I just don't get it.  But any Dr. I speak to counts that as grazing and blame that to my failure.  C'mon there has to be something else.  I need help.  When did you all decide that a revision was needed???  How did you get past the emotional strain of figuring out what was best to do??  How do you get Dr's to take your concerns seriously.  To me they pass it off as, "well, you just had a baby and it takes all women who have had babies extra time to get the weight off."  They don't address the fact that I'm still gaining each WEEK, despite my best efforts.

I think I'm going crazy.

Any words of hope or encouragement would be greatly appreciated.
JRinAZ
on 10/20/10 8:37 am - Layton, UT
On October 20, 2010 at 2:01 PM Pacific Time, mommashart wrote:
Quick tidbit on me.  RNY 2002, started 326, lost 180lbs. Got married around 150lbs.  Had 3 babies within the past 4years (gained 20,21,22 lbs with each pregnancy).  Youngest is almost 7months.  I have been working extremly hard to lose weight.  I focus everyday on eating and exercising.  But intstead I'm gaining.  I have now re-gained over 75lbs. 

Why on earth am I gaining weight when I should be losing???  Ever since I gave birth I've been gaining 1-2lbs a week.  This just seems completely wrong because I have been adhering to pouch rules and exercising, and have been really focusing HARD on trying to lose weight.  I just broke down crying to my husband because I felt like I "cheated" by eating a tiny handful goldfish crackers.  He simply said that doesn't sound like cheating, but that's how awful I feel.  I just don't get it.  But any Dr. I speak to counts that as grazing and blame that to my failure.  C'mon there has to be something else.  I need help.  When did you all decide that a revision was needed???  How did you get past the emotional strain of figuring out what was best to do??  How do you get Dr's to take your concerns seriously.  To me they pass it off as, "well, you just had a baby and it takes all women who have had babies extra time to get the weight off."  They don't address the fact that I'm still gaining each WEEK, despite my best efforts.

I think I'm going crazy.

Any words of hope or encouragement would be greatly appreciated.
Don't let people beat you up!  Find a Revision surgeon and have them run some tests......You may have some metabollic issues.  A few gold fish are definitely not going to account for 75 pounds!

Start some research......  www.dsfacts.com 

Let us know how we  can support you, K?!!!

Hugggzzz!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/20/10 12:42 pm
They need to do a detailed tests on your hormons. See what is going on.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active