My fear

dawn4511
on 10/20/10 4:07 am - Niagara Falls, Canada
My fear is that regardless of what surgery I have I will fail. I thought the RNY would be my anwser to my prayers and it might have help anwser some I have alot more to lose.

So if I spend the money for a ds revision am I just throwing the money away because I will fail with it too??????????

Wishing I had a magic 8 ball so I could know if it will work. Anyone have one?????

Thanks friends for letting me get this off my chest.

10/18/07 RNY ( hw 305 sw 290 lw 189ish) St Joe's 08/14/14 RNY reversal to sleeve. I survived 3 leaks,4 operations and a feeding tube.

Jersey Girl
on 10/20/10 4:58 am

Dawn I totally understand how you feel and if I had a magic 8 ball and it said I would fail again, I wouldn't believe it.  Unless someone has had a WLS fail, they can never understand the emotions and fear that come with losing, gaining and what the future holds. 

I've decided I can't give up.  It's simply not an option.  I've been to the mountain top, slide down, and I'm determined to get back up!  I honestly believe everything happens for a reason and there are lessons to be learned and the mistakes I made the first time, I will not repeat again. 

A l y s i a  (pronounced like A l i c i a)
Total weight loss since HW of 475:

Pounds lost since band revision to DS            
JRinAZ
on 10/20/10 5:07 am - Layton, UT
On October 20, 2010 at 11:07 AM Pacific Time, dawn4511 wrote:
My fear is that regardless of what surgery I have I will fail. I thought the RNY would be my anwser to my prayers and it might have help anwser some I have alot more to lose.

So if I spend the money for a ds revision am I just throwing the money away because I will fail with it too??????????

Wishing I had a magic 8 ball so I could know if it will work. Anyone have one?????

Thanks friends for letting me get this off my chest.
Ahhh dear friend,
If someone's cancer returns, they didn't fail, their bodies did or their procedure wasn't right for them .....they search for a better treatment!

You're in a great spot here.  Many people are finding results with different options for a round 2!  .... It took me 3 tries to find a good procedure for me and honestly....I'm just 6 months out of the gate from my DS so I still have the "fear"!

RESEARCH the heck out of the different options and take all of us with a huge grain of salt.  I had positive results with my revision surgeon and my procedure saved my life so my "wish" to share that with others may come off "pushy" to some.

In your research, please take a minute to read through www.dsfacts.com  and hop around the various forums.  I think one of the reasons that I was so attracted to a DS is that after being on this forum for a very long time, I never saw any DS's come on here asking for revision help (one who had the old type of DS). 

Shake out your "old tapes" of everything being "your" fault and get revved up to find something better!  ....My family dug up money for my revision because they helped me realize that my life was worth it!!!

Good luck with your journey!!!!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

sophielyn
on 10/21/10 10:29 am
Joyce, I just wanted to tell you that you are the most kind, thoughtful and informative person.  I always enjoy reading your posts and am sure you have helped so many people.  Thank you for all you do.  Soph
JRinAZ
on 10/22/10 8:25 am - Layton, UT
Ahhhh...thanks Miss Soph!!!  I have my occasional "nice" moments!  LOL!  .....  I have been helped by soooooo many amazing people over my WLS years that I just hope to pay it forward a tad! 

Big hugggzz your way!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

smileyjamie72
on 10/20/10 7:21 am - Palmer, AK
Dawn, 

I truely understand your fears..... here ia a little research for you:
http://dssurgery.com/downloads/safeoperation.pdf

Keep posting!!!!
-Jamie

RNY 2/26/2002                           DS 12/29/2011