Band to RNY surgery Pain

StillHopefulinAZ
on 10/25/10 2:21 pm
On October 25, 2010 at 4:22 AM Pacific Time, Lynn M. wrote:
I have to admit the revision was more painful than having the band put in originally.  I was on pain meds in the hospital and for the first week when I got home I was still on pain meds.  The removal spot for the port hurt like hell.  I also went home with a drain that was another inconvenience, which only hurt if I accidentally snagged it.  This hurt more overall in that I was having to roll off my bed from lieing on my back which required alot of upper body strength and minimal use of my core muscles. 

I only had the pain for about a week or so and I was on liquid tylenol with codeine before I left the hospital.  After the first week I was only taking it to get to sleep at night.  This recovery seemed to take me longer overall, after about 2 weeks with band I was up and moving like normal.  At three weeks with RNY I was still very tired and not able to drink near as much as I had with the previous surgery.
Did you have band removal and revision done at the same time?  
Banded 10/05/07 Dr Lopez Corvala Tijuana Mexico
Lapband removal 10/07/10 Dr Juarez Phoenix, AZ
RNY 12/13/10 Dr Juarez Phoenix, AZ

(deactivated member)
on 10/26/10 9:20 am - NJ
I had the band out in a separate surgery.  That surgery wasn't particularly painful.  I went home like an  hour after, and the only thing that really bothered me was where the port was.

The RNY surgery was a bit rougher than I thought it would be, and I had it done 4 weeks after the band removal.  That surgery was about a 6.5 - 7.  The worst pain I have ever felt was the pain from my adhesions, which have since been removed.  That was a 10.
Most Active