RNY to DS revision...questions

jmwjskasick
on 10/18/10 6:57 am - Granite City, IL
Ok, so I have been thinking about a revision for quite a while. I have the RNY and am so unhappy with it. Now I am starting to see my weight creep back up in numbers and I would like to solve this before it gets out of hand.

So, my question...

Can anyone please provide me with some doctors that perform the RNY to DS revision. I understand there are only a few and I am willing to call any leads here and then research them. I just need a direction to go!

Thanks
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
MsBatt
on 10/18/10 8:17 am
Dr. Rabkin in SF, Dr. Keshishian, somewhere in CA, Dr. Gagner in Canada, Dr. Greenbaum in NJ---although I hear he's not scheduling any revisions right now---Dr. Husted in AZ, possibly Dr. Hugh Houston in Nashville, and Dr. Dennis Smith in GA (or so I've heard.)
WASaBubbleButt
on 10/18/10 8:28 am - Mexico
Gagner in Canada, Rabkin who I think is in California, and Husted who is in Phoenix.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
jmwjskasick
on 10/18/10 10:17 am - Granite City, IL
Dr. Rabkin was my first choice. I called his office, went thru all the paperwork, verified network status (in network) with the insurance company, then got a response back stating he needed 10,000 up front to schedule the surgery because he is not in network. The office my insurance informed me was in network was apparently not associated with his bariatric office. grrrr

I put in a call to Dr. Cirangle in SF. I'll see where that goes
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
JRinAZ
on 10/19/10 5:51 am - Layton, UT
On October 18, 2010 at 1:57 PM Pacific Time, jmwjskasick wrote:
Ok, so I have been thinking about a revision for quite a while. I have the RNY and am so unhappy with it. Now I am starting to see my weight creep back up in numbers and I would like to solve this before it gets out of hand.

So, my question...

Can anyone please provide me with some doctors that perform the RNY to DS revision. I understand there are only a few and I am willing to call any leads here and then research them. I just need a direction to go!

Thanks

Here ya go....

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/revision/4256929/BEST-Revi sion-surgeons-to-DS/

the DS is fantastic choice!  Good luck!!!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Most Active