HELP

Seton
on 10/18/10 5:10 am
 Good afternoon everyone. I had my revision surgery on 8/4/10. on the day of surgery my weight was 232 lbs. I am currently at 206 lbs and the weight is truly coming off slowly....I am taking all my vitamins and I take a protein bar every morning. I have been walking and I am almost successful drinking my water daily.  I first had my WLS in Oct 2000. I weighed 310 lbs and at my lowest weight I was 175lbs. I gave up smoking and the weight started going up....I would like to hear any suggestions you could all give me, as I want to continue on the right path.  Thank you.
WASaBubbleButt
on 10/18/10 10:33 am - Mexico
On October 18, 2010 at 12:10 PM Pacific Time, Seton wrote:
 Good afternoon everyone. I had my revision surgery on 8/4/10. on the day of surgery my weight was 232 lbs. I am currently at 206 lbs and the weight is truly coming off slowly....I am taking all my vitamins and I take a protein bar every morning. I have been walking and I am almost successful drinking my water daily.  I first had my WLS in Oct 2000. I weighed 310 lbs and at my lowest weight I was 175lbs. I gave up smoking and the weight started going up....I would like to hear any suggestions you could all give me, as I want to continue on the right path.  Thank you.

26# in 2 months is slow weight loss?  What weight loss were you expecting?  I think you are right on track.

What surgery did you have originally and what did you revise to?

I'd cut out the protein bars, eventually those suckers will stall your weight loss.  Look on the label and see if it contains glycerin and sugar.  If it contains either open your window and toss them right out. ;o)

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
Seton
on 10/19/10 5:15 am
Hi Thank you for your comments. I had a gastric bypass in 10/00 and I had a gastric bypass revision on 8/4/10. I always have a fear that I have strectched out my pouch. I will check the protein bars..How about you and others?
WASaBubbleButt
on 10/20/10 1:27 am - Mexico
On October 19, 2010 at 12:15 PM Pacific Time, Seton wrote:
Hi Thank you for your comments. I had a gastric bypass in 10/00 and I had a gastric bypass revision on 8/4/10. I always have a fear that I have strectched out my pouch. I will check the protein bars..How about you and others?

I had a band and got to goal.  Then band complications seriously set in and I revised at goal to a sleeve.  I thank my lucky stars every single day that I can do it with restriction alone because I am not cut out for malabsorption.  I am too irresponsible to take the supplements!

What kind of revision did you have to your bypass?  ERNY?

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
rebeccaford
on 10/19/10 5:35 pm - Honolulu, HI
Sounds like you are doing everything right!  I'd bail on the protein bars, too.  I'm really really sensitive to the sugar alcohols that almost every bar seems to have... at least the ones that taste good.  If it has more than 3g I'm well, in intestinal distress.  Even a stick of gum now-a-days has a couple grams of sugar alcohols.  Okay anyway back to the topic.

Do you know why you regained your weight?  Was it purely mechanical or were you not following the pouch rules? 

My regain started off as just a brain problem...not being able to handle being thin and then getting complacent and thinking "oh 100+ pounds gone forever"...well that didn't happen.  I wasn't ready to make the changes to maintain.  then I ended up having some serious reflux (my endoscopy showed a BLACK esophogus) and ended up with a stricture and some tumors growing in my unused portion of my stomach. 

Anyway, if you have your head on straight maybe throw a support group meeting or something to keep motivated and be an encouragment to others just starting their journey.

Keep up the good work. 
Rebecca
3/23/2003 Open VBG
4/6/2009 Open RNY Revision
6/08/2011  - I've lost 155 lbs! size 8-10

Most Active