Has anyone had Dr. Kashishian in Glendale, CA, please tell my your experience....

sweetdew
on 10/17/10 3:50 pm - CA
Who are the BEST DS revision surgeons available? Dr. K seems like he knows his stuff and can do the hardest revisions? Is this true?

If you have had Dr. K , please tell me about your surgery and your success.

sweetdew
zuzupetals2u2
on 10/17/10 5:55 pm - Sedona, AZ
TALK TO JRin AZ as she just used him & it's all good - she is probably more in the DS forumns- or find her in AZ

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

WASaBubbleButt
on 10/17/10 11:47 pm - Mexico
On October 18, 2010 at 12:55 AM Pacific Time, zuzupetals2u2 wrote:
TALK TO JRin AZ as she just used him & it's all good - she is probably more in the DS forumns- or find her in AZ

//hijack//

Cornville, AZ?  i used to use a holistic vet in Cornville, AZ.  Forget his name now but he was pretty cool!

To the OP...  There is also Rabkin but I've heard some creepy things about him, Husted, and a few others.  Actually, Husted is more experienced than Dr. K but I don't think by much.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
zuzupetals2u2
on 10/18/10 6:26 am - Sedona, AZ
I do plan to go to HUSTED for a revision from VBG in the coming weeks once my insurance is approved. Yes he has moved around a bit in the past year or so but I have heard nothing but good concerning his skills as a surgeon and I was very impressed with his knowledge and astuteness when I met him. The only thing I think that is going around about him is that with revisions from RNYs he sometimes does what the patient wants whi*****ludes leaving the pouch in and revising the bottom to a DS. Some have said nutritional problems could result or many protein shakes will be needed to get in the amount of protein needed but that may be debateable weighing it against the risks of leakages he told one girl here that I have spoken to.  I have heard that is an ERNY not a DS which he still calls it - so that is the only thing I am still wondering about .I have yet to read anything bad about his surgeon skills and that is most crucial to me.There are so few now that do revisions I wouldnt want to eliminate the choice within driving distance to me unless there is good reason. He has described to me how he revises the FOBI pouch VBG to a sleeve so I feel he intends to do it and I do plan to confirm that with him before the surgery. If he hadnt moved here tho I had planned to use Kesheshian also.

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

JRinAZ
on 10/18/10 2:45 am - Layton, UT
On October 18, 2010 at 12:55 AM Pacific Time, zuzupetals2u2 wrote:

Hey there friend!

So, what you're saying is that I can't hide, right?!  LOL!  Yup!  I'm either here, on the DS forum or on the AZ forum..........but then there's the FB time and (sigh) work!  LOL!

Happy Monday!!!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

JRinAZ
on 10/18/10 2:42 am - Layton, UT
On October 17, 2010 at 10:50 PM Pacific Time, sweetdew wrote:
Who are the BEST DS revision surgeons available? Dr. K seems like he knows his stuff and can do the hardest revisions? Is this true?

If you have had Dr. K , please tell me about your surgery and your success.

sweetdew
Hiya Sweetdew!

I think we've chatted before so I may be coming in as old news!  LOL!

Dr. K definitely knows his stuff.  I went to several surgeons for a fix and he was not only the only one that didn't hesitate, he actually got excited over the potential "fix"!!!!  Anyone who has sat with him in his office and watched him pull out his colored markers with his very handsome bowties and animated personality can't help but feel like they are sitting in the presence of pure knowledge, wisdom, experience and excellence! (and did I say personality?!)  Yup, I guess I think he's a pretty decent surgeon!  .... Seriously though, he saved my life.  He found a huge mess of my insides when he opened me up and not only fixed the original target stuff but cleaned up about 3 other biggies while he was in there.  I basically got 5 or 6 procedures for one round in the O.R.!!!

If you head over to the DS forum and ask around...you'll find a bunch more of his patient's.  There is also a yahoo groups support site for Dr. K patients and a facebook group.

Please feel free to pm me with any specific questions you may have!

Best of luck on your journey!  I had my revision to DS in May with Dr. K and am working out with a marathon group now to train for races!  I haven't felt this great in years!!!! 

....lovin life 90% of the time and figuring it out the other 10%
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

ellton
on 10/19/10 11:37 am
Hi Joyce.  Is Dr. K's Facebook page listed under Ara Keshishian?
Most Active