has anyone had StomaphyX

Tammy T.
on 10/15/10 2:56 am, edited 10/15/10 2:58 am - Great Bend, NY
I was 275lbs and had RNY in Nov 04. I got down to about 165 but could never reach my goal weight. Now I have regained 30lbs back and I feel like I have lost my grip and it is creeping back up on me. Has any one had StomaphyX done or know anything about it..... I am hoping to talk to me Doctor when I go on the 28th but was really looking for some info before hand
(deactivated member)
on 10/16/10 1:43 am - Bayonne, NJ
Please don't do it, it doesn't work.

Most insurance companies won't cover it because it doesn't work at all. People lose 20-25 lbs from the initial liquid diet, then regain that and more. All the old posts on here show that, except for the shill posts by one particular doctor's assistant. 

There's nothing to show that it works, and many stomaphyx and rose patients have come back here seeking a third revision. Save your money.
WASaBubbleButt
on 10/17/10 7:10 am - Mexico
On October 16, 2010 at 8:43 AM Pacific Time, baileymouse wrote:
Please don't do it, it doesn't work.

Most insurance companies won't cover it because it doesn't work at all. People lose 20-25 lbs from the initial liquid diet, then regain that and more. All the old posts on here show that, except for the shill posts by one particular doctor's assistant. 

There's nothing to show that it works, and many stomaphyx and rose patients have come back here seeking a third revision. Save your money.

Agreed.  Agree about the shills as well.  Look who the OP's doc is. :o(

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
WASaBubbleButt
on 10/17/10 7:14 am - Mexico
On October 15, 2010 at 9:56 AM Pacific Time, Tammy T. wrote:
I was 275lbs and had RNY in Nov 04. I got down to about 165 but could never reach my goal weight. Now I have regained 30lbs back and I feel like I have lost my grip and it is creeping back up on me. Has any one had StomaphyX done or know anything about it..... I am hoping to talk to me Doctor when I go on the 28th but was really looking for some info before hand

It does not work.  Your doc does it but he's never had a patient posting here that was happy with it. It was a big huge waste of money.  Same thing with ROSE.

There is DS, but that is big major surgery and I question if your BMI is high enough for ins to cover. There is a band after bypass but... it's a band.  We aren't talking forever here and complications are very high.  There is Vergito which I know very little about and haven't been able to find anyone that has had it done.  That would be as invasive as DS I believe.  They would have to take down your bypass and do the new surgery.  There is ERNY but I have seen a lot of problems with that on this board.  Many nutritional problems, odors, etc.

richrich k
on 10/18/10 7:33 am
Hello
I have heard that most surgeons are now performing the ROSE procedure, I would look into that more. I guess the stomaphX did not have good results in the long term.  I myself and looking at a revision.  I cant decide Band over Bypass or ROSE?  I am kinda thinking band over bypass might be the best option for long term sake? And, as far as I know, there is not an insurance company willing to pay for any unless you are dying.
Hope this helps?
Rich 

rich <>< (SEEKING REVISION: GB RNY: April 28,'03 --> abdominoplasty '05 --> belt-lipectomy '08-- '10/'11 started to regain --> open to revision options (Plication seems to be the way to go tho?)                
?(Mexico, Guatemala, Costa Rica, India, Turkey, Armenia, Thailand, USA, South Africa, Malaysia, Philippines, Ukraine, Russian Federation)?

*can it be true, our surrogate is 5 weeks pregnant?

WASaBubbleButt
on 10/18/10 10:29 am - Mexico
On October 18, 2010 at 2:33 PM Pacific Time, RichRKS wrote:
Hello
I have heard that most surgeons are now performing the ROSE procedure, I would look into that more. I guess the stomaphX did not have good results in the long term.  I myself and looking at a revision.  I cant decide Band over Bypass or ROSE?  I am kinda thinking band over bypass might be the best option for long term sake? And, as far as I know, there is not an insurance company willing to pay for any unless you are dying.
Hope this helps?
Rich 

Sadly, ROSE doesn't work either. :o(

Most Active