sclerotherapy experiences via Dr. Thompson-BWH/Boston

hyenk3
on 10/15/10 12:31 am - Hfd, CT
RNY on 11/11/02 with
Mornin folks....  Looking for experiences, insight, etc from folks who have had sclerotherapy with Dr. Thompson in Boston. 

What did the procedure feel like?  Light sedation - hmmm - you were awake?  Not afraid?  No pain? 

Post-op day 1, day 2, and so on... 

Weight loss input/trends.....

am also interested in folks' stories who had the procedure a while ago (like 2009....)  How are you doing now? 

Thanks for anyone that is inclined to provide input based upon experience.  I appreciate it.  My procedure is in one month and I want to be prepared.  Am tremendously anxious to get back to the business of being healthy and on track again.

AK
JRinAZ
on 10/15/10 3:44 am - Layton, UT
On October 15, 2010 at 7:31 AM Pacific Time, hyenk3 wrote:
Mornin folks....  Looking for experiences, insight, etc from folks who have had sclerotherapy with Dr. Thompson in Boston. 

What did the procedure feel like?  Light sedation - hmmm - you were awake?  Not afraid?  No pain? 

Post-op day 1, day 2, and so on... 

Weight loss input/trends.....

am also interested in folks' stories who had the procedure a while ago (like 2009....)  How are you doing now? 

Thanks for anyone that is inclined to provide input based upon experience.  I appreciate it.  My procedure is in one month and I want to be prepared.  Am tremendously anxious to get back to the business of being healthy and on track again.

AK

I went to a surgeon who was a pioneer with schlerotherapy; recommended as having done the most on WLS post-ops.  She said she'd do it for me but she said of her many patient's, she had only seen 2 who had decent results.  She said those 2 patient's were back in a year for additional treatments (it usually takes up to 6 treatments).  Insurance doesn't cover it.  It's pricey for a risk.

Good luck! 

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

lil one to be .
on 11/13/10 10:36 pm - Somewhere out there
I am having this done with Dr. Thompson tomorrow and my insuranc is covering it.  HPHC

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney.

HW 245 / SW 223 / CW 154 / GW 145

Most Active