Revisions in GA

ShonF.
on 10/13/10 3:46 pm - Peachy State, GA
I was wondering if anyone has had a revision in GA.  I had RYN 5 yrs ago and I'm looking for a surgeon in GA that perform revisions. 

WASaBubbleButt
on 10/14/10 8:27 am - Mexico
On October 13, 2010 at 10:46 PM Pacific Time, ShonF. wrote:
I was wondering if anyone has had a revision in GA.  I had RYN 5 yrs ago and I'm looking for a surgeon in GA that perform revisions. 

A surgeon that does revisions from bypass to which surgery type?  What is your BMI?  Have you had an upper GI to check your pouch and stoma?

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
ShonF.
on 10/14/10 9:42 am - Peachy State, GA
My BMI is 40. I have not had a upper GI yet. I have an appt in a week.  I have only been able to lose 79 pounds since surgery and now I have gained 26lbs back. I also have pain after eating now. I was just trying to gather as much info as I can  before my appt.  Im thinking revision to DS. Still looking for more information on all my options.
WASaBubbleButt
on 10/14/10 1:06 pm - Mexico
On October 14, 2010 at 4:42 PM Pacific Time, ShonF. wrote:
My BMI is 40. I have not had a upper GI yet. I have an appt in a week.  I have only been able to lose 79 pounds since surgery and now I have gained 26lbs back. I also have pain after eating now. I was just trying to gather as much info as I can  before my appt.  Im thinking revision to DS. Still looking for more information on all my options.

After bypass honestly your best bet is DS.  You are metabolically challenged after the bypass honeymoon is over and it's really hard to lose weight.

Dr. Husted has this surgery he does and there is no malabsorption.  He would take down your bypass and revise you to Vergito or some such word.  On paper, it should work!  I don't know anyone who has had it in real time but it might be something for you to consider.  It would put an end to the mega vites and you would just take a multi daily.  I have a great deal more research to do before I fully understand the risks and complications but again, on paper it looks pretty darn good. He's only had one patient that didn't reach a healthy BMI and she got preggers 10 months post op.

(deactivated member)
on 10/23/10 7:40 am - San Jose, CA
"On paper, it should work!"

Are you ******g kidding me??  Are you suggesting this poor woman pay FULL PRICE for an untested surgery, which involves REMOVING THE OMENTUM, as well as doing an intestinal revision that has only been testing in animals, except for being done by Husted on SELF-PAY patients (and perhaps the intestinal part is being done in a clinical trial in NY, but presumably FOR FREE, since it is a clinical trial)?  Which has only been performed on fewer than 10 people so far, and for which there is not a SINGLE published paper on PubMed?
Desiree N.
on 10/14/10 11:34 pm - Marietta, GA
Hi,

I have been researching revisions for a while. I had my RNY with Emory in 2003. I was supposedly the text book case.   However, I had multiple complications and did not even get the benefit of the 18 month loss,  my body stopped losing at 9 months.  And for the last 7 years I have struggled to get my last 30 to 40 pounds off. My weight seems to be stable at 205 and not going anywhere.  I am 5'5" and started out at 298 the day before surgery.

As far as I know, there are no revision surgeons in GA that do either the ERNY or the DS.  It is my understanding the closest revision surgeon would be in Nashville and I believe he does the ERNY if you are already an RNY person.  

From my investigation, the only available revision surgeons are on the West Coast and one in Canada.  The DS board has many of them listed.  You might be best to go there.

Desiree
Marietta GA  RNY 4/7/03  and Plastic Surgery 2005.
JRinAZ
on 10/15/10 3:40 am - Layton, UT
On October 15, 2010 at 6:34 AM Pacific Time, Desiree N. wrote:
Hi,

I have been researching revisions for a while. I had my RNY with Emory in 2003. I was supposedly the text book case.   However, I had multiple complications and did not even get the benefit of the 18 month loss,  my body stopped losing at 9 months.  And for the last 7 years I have struggled to get my last 30 to 40 pounds off. My weight seems to be stable at 205 and not going anywhere.  I am 5'5" and started out at 298 the day before surgery.

As far as I know, there are no revision surgeons in GA that do either the ERNY or the DS.  It is my understanding the closest revision surgeon would be in Nashville and I believe he does the ERNY if you are already an RNY person.  

From my investigation, the only available revision surgeons are on the West Coast and one in Canada.  The DS board has many of them listed.  You might be best to go there.

Desiree

Runnnnnnn from an ERNY!!!  ...about killed me!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

WASaBubbleButt
on 10/17/10 7:28 am - Mexico
On October 15, 2010 at 6:34 AM Pacific Time, Desiree N. wrote:
Hi,

Desiree

John Husted does RNY to DS and he's in Phoenix.  Matter of fact, he's more experienced than Dr. K.

nikkishan
on 11/5/10 12:23 am
I called his office, he won't do a revision on someone that has had a Fobi.  So I'm back at square one.
WASaBubbleButt
on 11/20/10 5:41 am - Mexico
On November 5, 2010 at 7:23 AM Pacific Time, nikkishan wrote:
I called his office, he won't do a revision on someone that has had a Fobi.  So I'm back at square one.

Did you talk to Dr. Husted yourself?  Or his office staff?

I'd call and talk to him personally, I have a hunch you were given wrong info.

If you want his cell number I'm happy to PM it to you.

Most Active