lapband to rny progress

terilynn112
on 10/13/10 4:44 am - maryland, NY
I'm officially pre op....I've been approved by my surgeon and the team. I'm so excited... just have to get thru the EGD first.... Hoping to get a date before that, so I can start preparing my nephew and sons.

Teri

Teri
Lapbanded 9-16-08 revision from Lapband to RNY on January 11, 2011
HW 273/ 1st surgery 243/Lapband removed 260/ Current 172/ Goal weight 169

TamaraL
on 10/13/10 9:50 am
Teri,

I am so glad for you.  Remember this is a new beginning and a do over. This is the time to look at why you didn't succed with the lap band and how you are going to do things differently.

I am so glad I have the bypass but have to say the pain on my right side is a pain in the butt!!

Tamara

terilynn112
on 10/13/10 9:22 pm - maryland, NY
truth is eating with my band has been a physical pain from day one. Literally. I'd drink and it hurt. Never could find out. I quickly learned if I ate and didn't allow the "pouch" to fully empty, it didn't hurt so much. And we never could find that satiety... and when we did, I was to tight to eat much of anything. Seriously less than a quarter cup or 2 ozs. So I think some was anatomical, some was emotional... I couldn't get my head around the having to stop at 8 ounces without saity.... being satisfied. I could always eat more than that... a lot more, and still not be satisfied.

teri

Teri

candie33
on 10/13/10 9:33 pm
I am also in the pre op stage for band-rny....hoping to have surgery in Dec...I just want to put the band behind me.
terilynn112
on 10/13/10 10:23 pm - maryland, NY
me too.. the band works for some, just wasn't right for me

Teri

kellydv
on 10/14/10 1:52 am - Watertown, MA

I had my band in 9/2008 as well and just had it removed in July and am having RNY in January.  My band was actually leaking and I couldn't get any restriction beyond what the unfilled band provided.  It was horrible and I am so looking forward to the RNY.

Good luck to you - when is your surgery?  Have you already had your band removed?
Kelly

Sarah P.
on 10/17/10 12:35 am
I revised from my band to RNY in October, so far so good. I have had no problems with eating. I sure DO NOT miss the band. It is nice to eat and nott have that terrible lump feeling.
Good Luck!

HW / SW / CW / GW
270   252   178 150        
bkbab143
on 10/17/10 10:26 am - Budd Lake, NJ
Congrats on being approved.  I had the realize band 10/2008 and had it removed in august/2010 I just had the rny on 9/29/10 i do NOT miss my band. I have noticed that my weight loss is not as fast as it should be, I have already stalled after only 3weeks. Id love to hear about how you do after surgery, its hard to find info on revision from band to rny and what to expect.  Best of luck 
dawneb
on 10/17/10 11:00 am - Pacific, WA
Hi there,

Just curious your reasons for revision?  I've had the band since June of 07 and have gained back all the weight that I lost.  I also have some type of condition now where my esophagus spasms, cant remember the name of it, which is not helping.  I basically cant use the band very much, cant have it filled like it should be because I cant keep anything down if I do.  Anyway, this all boils down to a possible revision for me to rny.  I'm not sure what to do. 

Thanks for any info you can give me.

Dawn
TamaraL
on 10/17/10 12:00 pm

Dawn

It sounds like you have barret's esophagus.

I had the lap band on January 22,2009.  No problems until July 2009. I started having heart burn and it took til November to get it calmed down.  In February I had a fill and they told me they could not give me any more fill.  The band was not working with the little restriction I had.  I see a dr that there are 3 surgeons.  2 of them said the same thing. No more fills!!

I came to a breaking point in July when I started having pain around the stomach/band and having a throbbing in the stomach.

I did not lose nor did I gain from November til my last visit in July.  Finally told dr I wanted the band out and to do the RNY. 

I am 1 week post op and already thankful that I did the revision.  I am losing slower than I would like. I started out at 218 at my pre-op on 9/23 and now weight 209.

Tamara

Most Active