Wasn't Sure Where to Post This..I have the Lap-Band...feeling blue

WASaBubbleButt
on 10/17/10 7:38 am - Mexico
On October 15, 2010 at 5:28 AM Pacific Time, Anikacashf wrote:
The doctors told me that I can't take any NSAIDs at all.  I asked them if I could do it for short term and they said no.

I'm glad you were able to have the revision.  Do you throw up at all now?

Thank you for writing to me.

Melissa

I do vomit rarely.  Usually it's because I ate too much and too fast.  If I eat and then get seriously stressed I have vomited then too.  But I have 'issues' leftover from banding so I'm not really sure that my experiences are typical.

Even though erosion/NSAIDs has been shown to be inaccurate many docs still go by the no NSAIDs rule anyway.  Not sure why.

One thing to consider, what you are eating?  I fully understand that food choices are limited but something is keeping your weight up.  Calories are coming from somewhere and if you can eat liquids and such, you can exchange calories for a protein shake.  If food types are a challenge for you then you might want to look at something malabsorptive such as bypass or DS.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
Anikacashf
on 10/19/10 12:10 am - PA
Well I went to my follow up appt. yesterday, I've gained 25 lbs since June having 1 cc removed.  I told them that I'm still throwing up...and that I'm not able to eat many vegtables or fruits.  I would love to have a salad, I use to eat them before the band but now I can't.

I have tried chewing the lettuce up really good but no luck.  No sure what is going on.  I have found some unhealthy foods that will go down no problem and yes I've been eating those.  It's hard to say that after going through surgery to be a healthier eater but it's hard.

I know now I have a bad eating issue and my therapist and I are trying to pin point it.  They set me up for an Upper GI for this Thursday morning.

They said I need to come back in and get the results and see what we need to do next.  They said if something is wrong such as a slip or something they may need to operate or if everything is fine we need to figure out if its Food Intolerance.  I looked that up online but has anyone hear been told that?

I use to love eating oranges, apples, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, plums, peaches, etc. and I used to eat cucumbers, celery, carrots, but now I just can't.  Meats are hard to get down as well.

Melissa

Most Active