DS revision....Re-sleeve or re-section???

mellysnew
on 10/12/10 1:49 pm
Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone with DS has had a revision and if you have your surgery stats( common channel, sv etc.) which procedure did you have done or both?

Thanks!
Renfairewench
on 10/16/10 8:40 am
Gosh, I do know that there is a girl on the DS board who actually had her common channel lengthened because of malaborptions issues and her inability to control her weight loss.

I think, can't remember her name though, that there was another girl who had her common channel shortened and her sleeve made smaller. I don't know how she is doing, but I have heard it being done before.

What is it you are looking for and how long ago was your DS?

HW (pre RNY) 430 HW (pre DS) 302 / SW 288 /
                          Lowest weight 157 / CW 161
GW 150
                "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight"

cynrivers
on 10/25/10 5:16 am - Simpsonville, SC
I am looking into having my sleeve revised...I never reached goal weight.  I still hover about 60lbs over "normal".  My common channel is 75cc.  Still researching and thinking! :)
Amyiable
on 11/28/10 6:20 pm
I'm looking at having my pouch reduced in a sleeve fashion.  Also will have alimentary limb reduced to 275 from 350 and 100 common channel to 75 cm.

You might look into Dr. Cirangle - he advocates very small sleeves.  Dr. Baltasar in spain will make a small sleeve.
Amyiable ----  Revised again on 12/9/10 
My 16 oz pouch was VSG'd & stoma narrowed to1.2 cm diameter.  Slight changes to limb lengths, to align with DS  (Total sm bowel = 700 cm, alimentary limb = 275 cm, and common channel set at 75cm)  

Highest 325/Weight at revision 241/Current ???/Goal 150

Most Active