new guy....well....returning-new

Golfball
on 10/10/10 10:03 am, edited 10/10/10 8:04 pm - Sykesville, PA
Had RNY in 2004.....I went from 395# to 229#.

I ran 2 marathons in 2007. Have had some personal family problems since, and I am back to 320#. That's not really my excuse, I have no excuse.

I am considering rev to DS.

I'm a little on the fence right now as to wether I should follow through or not. Part of me says I can do it without WLS, part of me remembers how happy I was with first part of wls journey. Part of me hates remembering that first part.

Would really like some experienced with revs to friend with and chat occasionally about experiences with it.
Amyiable
on 11/28/10 6:43 pm
Well if you are like most people, you watch the weight increase over a number of years before realizing that it just won't go back down on its own.  Best to you.

Amyiable ----  Revised again on 12/9/10 
My 16 oz pouch was VSG'd & stoma narrowed to1.2 cm diameter.  Slight changes to limb lengths, to align with DS  (Total sm bowel = 700 cm, alimentary limb = 275 cm, and common channel set at 75cm)  

Highest 325/Weight at revision 241/Current ???/Goal 150

WASaBubbleButt
on 11/29/10 1:40 am - Mexico
If you have the resources to get it done, go for it. Life is to short to fight weight issues. There are not many surgeons that can do it. Greenbaum, Rabkin, Husted, Dr. K, and someone else.. I forget. I believe Rabkin does it full open, Husted does it lap, not sure about the other doctors.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
Most Active