Severe hypoglycemia Surgeon wants to reverse Surgery

WASaBubbleButt
on 10/11/10 1:58 am - Mexico
Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
RainyDayWoman
on 10/11/10 7:58 am - Fridley, MN
That profile's super out-of-date.  I do think Dr. I might be way off on this recommendation, but he is a vetted DS surgeon as well as experienced in RNY and band.
Lilypie - (SzbI)
MamaMary1974
on 10/12/10 10:47 am - Loveland, OH
I feel your pain. I am anemic and vitamin D and Calcium deficient plus my bllood sugar drops in the forties very  quickly . I have been looking for to years and found Dr Keshishian in LA he is able to help me and got it approoved through my insurence in less than a week. if you want his email and phone let me know. I am in Ohio but willing to travel for the surgery he is letting me do all tests and treatment here, In ohio. and send results to him.

He is revising to DS.
Good luck,
MamaMary 1974    
Amyiable
on 11/28/10 6:46 pm
Suggest getting your ft3 tested.  I had similar blackouts - had a GTT and blood sugar dropped to 27.  The hypoglycemia fixed it self completely after I got on desiccated thyroid meds.  Reversing the rny won't fix hypoglycemia.

Best.
Amyiable ----  Revised again on 12/9/10 
My 16 oz pouch was VSG'd & stoma narrowed to1.2 cm diameter.  Slight changes to limb lengths, to align with DS  (Total sm bowel = 700 cm, alimentary limb = 275 cm, and common channel set at 75cm)  

Highest 325/Weight at revision 241/Current ???/Goal 150

Amyiable
on 11/28/10 6:59 pm
I had terrible pain and started crying all the time.  But my pain was in my arms, wrists, and it was getting difficult to perform normal daily functions (e.g. turning knobs, dressing).  I began Embrel and Humira, which helped.  I think I was worse than you are. 

If my description is similar to you, get ft3 tested, and do not rely on TSH.  My TSH showed nothing wrong at all.  Your ft3 should be at least at the mid point. 

All my pain and hypoglycemia went away on desiccated thyroid meds.  I also had to rely on stimulants to keep awake and was developing a sweet tooth that grew.  That subsided quite a bit once my adrenals strengthened. 

If you want medical references for this, let me know.
Amyiable ----  Revised again on 12/9/10 
My 16 oz pouch was VSG'd & stoma narrowed to1.2 cm diameter.  Slight changes to limb lengths, to align with DS  (Total sm bowel = 700 cm, alimentary limb = 275 cm, and common channel set at 75cm)  

Highest 325/Weight at revision 241/Current ???/Goal 150

Most Active