What Were You Eating @ 2 weeks out from Revision?

millikan01
on 10/8/10 3:16 pm
Im 16 days from a Rny to DS revison today.  Currently, Dr K still has me NPO (NOTHING BY MOUTH) and I am using the feeding tube to eat.  I think he only wants me to do this for 7 more days.  I hate it, but Im managing.  What were you eating when you were 2 weeks out?

Thanks
RNY 9/24/08
Surgery Weight - 344.4 
Revision to DS 9/22/10
Surgery Weight - 231.0 
Plastics 4/14/11 
Surgery Weight - 211.0
Current Weight - 179.8
Goal Weight - 160.0
I am staring at Ambition, shaking hands with Success, and smiling at Determination - What are YOU doing? *smirk*

"They ON IT cause they WANT IT!"

JRinAZ
on 10/10/10 4:30 am - Layton, UT
On October 8, 2010 at 10:16 PM Pacific Time, millikan01 wrote:
Im 16 days from a Rny to DS revison today.  Currently, Dr K still has me NPO (NOTHING BY MOUTH) and I am using the feeding tube to eat.  I think he only wants me to do this for 7 more days.  I hate it, but Im managing.  What were you eating when you were 2 weeks out?

Thanks
Hi there you!
Wow!  I can't believe it's already been 16 days for you!  Woo HOOOO!  Hang in there with the NPO!  That has got to be tough!  .....  Our cir****tances are all so different.  I was eating while i was still in the hospital (tiny bite of jello, tiny sip of protein drink, etc) and then at 2 weeks out was on a taste or so of soups, yogurt, soft eggs, etc.  I had the feeding tubes and was getting most of my nourishment from that as well.

Kudos for following his directions!  You'll be eating a famous DS meal beefore you know it (juicy steak, or a slice of bacon with your egg!)

Big Hugggzzzz!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

stillhopefull
on 10/10/10 11:12 am
 Why are you NPO?
 for kjfras (Kerry) 

Terry     
millikan01
on 10/12/10 11:21 am
I was super nauseous in the hospital and didnt eat anything for 3 days. The broth tasted like salt and the jello tasted like sugar and I kept throwing it up.  He started the feeding tube to make sure I ate and since all the other meds were making me sick he just told me to use the tube as a precaution since I wasnt getting enough nourishment.  Im better now though. Eating small bites of eggs, yogurt.
RNY 9/24/08
Surgery Weight - 344.4 
Revision to DS 9/22/10
Surgery Weight - 231.0 
Plastics 4/14/11 
Surgery Weight - 211.0
Current Weight - 179.8
Goal Weight - 160.0
I am staring at Ambition, shaking hands with Success, and smiling at Determination - What are YOU doing? *smirk*

"They ON IT cause they WANT IT!"

stillhopefull
on 10/12/10 10:36 pm

Glad to hear you are doing and feeling much better.  Keep up the good work.
Terry
 for kjfras (Kerry) 

Terry     
Most Active