Me and my adventures with bandy

Kimberley H.
on 10/7/10 5:41 pm - Winston-Salem, NC

I had an upper GI today and it looks like my band has slipped and my port has flipped!

I feel validated! Now, my surgeon has all the documentation he needs to do the revision.

This is a relief

I hope you are all doing well on your journey.

sophielyn
on 10/8/10 1:58 am
am glad you got the news you needed!
(deactivated member)
on 10/8/10 9:04 am - NJ
Great news
MARIA F.
on 10/8/10 11:28 am - Athens, GA
That is so sad! Not one but TWO band problems at once! How long have u had your band???
Kimberley H.
on 10/8/10 3:51 pm - Winston-Salem, NC
Thanks Jen! You have helped me so much and I really appreciate it.

I have had my band for a little over ten years now. I can't believe I kept it so long considering the surgeon that place it wanted it removed one month post-op.

I don't regret my decision because it did help me curb my portions and kept me from gaining anymore weight. I feel like I would have gained a lot more without it. I also feel like I'm less afraid of WLS now that I have been through one procedure.

The nutritionist wants to work with me on an eating plan once I'm out of surgery. I feel like I could lose weight short-term but doubt I will be able to keep it off without surgery. I want to be compliant but I'm afraid if I lose too much weight I won't be eligible for the rny.

TamaraL
on 10/9/10 10:54 pm
hey Kim, I had my lap to RNY on Friday. Actually came home on Saturday. I can't say it was easy. I have had a lot of pain not from the RNY itself but from the removal of the lap band.

I know you are excited about having the band removed

Tamara

Kimberley H.
on 10/11/10 5:51 pm - Winston-Salem, NC
Hey Tamara,

I am so glad everything went smoothly for you.

I had so much pain after the band that I can't imagine it being worse. I had gallbladder surgery a year later and it was a walk in the park compared to the band. I'm allergic to pain meds so I hope they find one that my system can tolerate.

How much time are you going to take off for the recovery?

Kim

TamaraL
on 10/11/10 10:56 pm
I have the realize band and it is clamped on  to the muscle. I think when he removed it , that is is what is causing so much pain. 

I am taking 2 weeks off. It is hard for me to set at the computer for any length of time.  I have a desk job so I think 2 weeks will be good.

Tamara

(deactivated member)
on 10/11/10 11:44 pm - NJ
Glad to hear everything went well, Tamara!

Mary B.
on 10/13/10 3:53 am - Southern, MD
Hey Tamara,
Glad you are doing well! I had a hard time recovering also..but I did make it back to work after two weeks...desk job.

Keep us updated.
    Banded Feb 23, 2009 / Revision to RNY Aug 25, 2010

Most Active