had my revision on friday! very sick with diarrhea

QBB
on 10/5/10 8:06 pm - MD
I had a lap rny in 20003, lost 135 lbs, gained 85 back over the last 4 years (multiple issues!) i had a hysterectomy last year due to excessive bleeding/chronic anemia. my revision was to fix my pouch which was 3x the size it should be, carve out my ulcers, and fix my stoma opening which was only 4mm in size. i am 4 days post op from my revision and having uncontrollable diarrhea! i'm on a liquid diet but my doc's diet includes cottage cheese, sugar free pudding and jello. its early in the am here so i will call my doctor in a few hours but i am dehydrated and very weak. any suggestions?

Q
j629659
on 10/6/10 12:12 pm
OMG...I had a gastric revision on July 27th & on Aug 4th my incision started leaking a fluid that smelled like rotten chicken. I went to the doctor and unbeknownst to me it was infected. He opened me up, suctioned the infection out and paked my wound with strip tape. He immediately sent me to the hospital where I found out I was so dehydrated my kidney numbers shot way up almost requiring me to get on dialysis. I was scared to death!! I was in the hospital a total of 15 days until my numbers came down.

What I would say to you is drink as much water as possible. Dont do like I did. I have lost 35 pounds but am at a stand still. Evene with the revision I am sooo hungry. I hope I didnt do this for nothing!
QBB
on 10/7/10 1:55 am - MD
WOW i hope u r better now.  my revision was done lap so i don't have any big incisions.  i took some Imodium yesterday and that seems to have helped.  i will keep up with my fluids to replenish!

Q
QBB
Lap RNY 2003 (lost 125lbs/gained 85 back)
Revsion 2010

Ms Shell
on 10/7/10 8:27 am - Hawthorne, CA
Watch the dairy products I am lactose intollerant since my surgery.

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

Most Active