Sad and frustrated

sweetdew
on 10/3/10 1:59 pm - CA
I am sad to say that i had RNY in 2005 and have gained half of my weight back in the past two years. I never got to goal but had lost 126 lbs and now have gained 70 back. I have been trying, really trying and just can't seem to lose any weight. I am scared, frustrated, ashamed and depressed in how I gained70 lbs back. I am really thinking of revision surgery and want to know if anyone else here has had my experience and what you did? I have heard of stomaphyx, DS, Sleeve, etc.. I DO NOT want to get the band but feel i really need a revision. Please Help! Some of you might recognize my usename, i welcome your thoughts, for those of you who are new to me, please let me know who you are.

Sad girl
Michelle H.
on 10/4/10 2:01 am - Canada
sweetdew, I am in the same boat as you. I had RNY back in December of 1999 and will be revised to the DS in December of this year due to regain caused by stoma stretched and pouch issues. If I were you I would take a look over on the DS board. Seeing you are in CA you have two of the best revision surgeons in your area. We have many RNY to DS people on the DS boards and all would love to help you. Good luck on your journey.
Michelle
My is Debbie M.......I am to lo24 (Louisa)
RNY 338- 185.  Regain to SW260 CW 236 GW 150ish?

sweetdew
on 10/4/10 4:50 pm - CA
Thank you so so much! Thank you!
philipwife
on 10/4/10 2:54 am - Converse, TX
Revision on 02/13/14
I just wanted to say your not alone. There is alot of us that gain weight back and looking into revision to get back on track. I had RNY in 2003 I had lost 114 lbs but never made it to normal BMI. My highest weight was 278 after RNY lowest was 164. Years later I gradually regain upto 247 and now down to 225.5 on home scale. My insurance require psychological evaluation and why RNY fail and 3-4 month supervise diet my last visit is schedule Oct 25 and then everything will be submitted to insurance for revision.

Sharon HW278/RNY 9/03 SW268.6/LW162 1/3/14 Consultation wgt regain 262.8 Overstitch 2/13/14 SW247.2/LW197

Renfairewench
on 10/4/10 8:43 am
I had an RNY in 1999. I weighed in at 430 pounds and lost to 210. Around year 4 I started gaining weight and by the time had my revision I had gained 90 pounds. I revised to a DS in August. I have had a LOT of post op complications and am currently on TPN (IV nutrition). I have been on this for 6 months. Prior to that I was on Enteral feedings through a J-tube for 3 months.

Stomaphyx doesn't work. We have Aetna insurance and it won't even pay for it citing that it is an unproven fix.

Best of luck to you in your quest.

Maddie

HW (pre RNY) 430 HW (pre DS) 302 / SW 288 /
                          Lowest weight 157 / CW 161
GW 150
                "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight"

Most Active