Consult completed

Kimberley H.
on 10/1/10 4:11 pm - Winston-Salem, NC

I met with my doctor today for a consult. It went really well. He is a very good listener.

Although I am a revision surgery they want me to jump through all the RNY surgery loops. I am fine with it. I'm curious about what the nutritionist will tell me. I want as much information as possible.

The band comes out November 16th then rest and the RNY.

I'm pleased

Kim

TamaraL
on 10/3/10 12:30 am
Kim

how long did they tell you it would be before you could have the RNY.  Im so nervous about my surgery on Friday. I want to get all of it done at once but then a part of me just wants them to remove the band.

I am trying to prepare myself that they may only be able to remove the band. I will be devastated if they only remove the band.

I did have to see a psychologist for a psych evaluation. I did have to go thru the pre op education session. on 9/23 I had blood work, ekg, and a chest x ray completed.

I will continue to meet with the psychologist on a regular basis after my surgery

Kimberley H.
on 10/3/10 12:37 pm - Winston-Salem, NC
Tamara,

He wants to wait about 2-3 months to let my stomach heal. He says there is a risk of leaks if I don't have two surgeries. He said have the band removed is a very simple outpatient surgery, and I should be back to work in 2-3 days.

I have had the band for 10 years so I've accepted that there may be quite a bit of scar tissue and damage.

While I am waiting for the RNY they want me to work with a nutritionist.

They asked if I just wanted to try to lose weight through diet and exercise and I told them I didn't think I would be very successful going that route.

I can understand your nervousness. I hope everything goes smoothly for you.

Keep me posted.

Kim

Most Active