Has anyone had a revision from a Stomaphyx to a band?

Lisa N.
on 10/5/10 5:18 am - Williston Park, NY
 I am meeting with the surgeon next week.  This surgeon and his partner has operated on three members of my extended family.  I wanted to go to him originally and at first he accepted my insurance, then right before I was to see him, he stopped accepting my insurance. I went with another surgeon (the only reason, I didn't want to go with him at first, was that he only did the RNY open and this surgeon did it Lap) but after the experience with the other surgeon not accepting my insurance, I went with the other surgeon and lost 120 pounds.  But now it is seven years later and I am meeting with the original surgeon.  I hope everything goes well and we can figure out which would be the best surgery for me.
Amy N.
on 10/28/10 3:05 am - Gulf Shores, AL
Hi, can I ask, is this the same or a different procdedure than POSE?

Primary Obesity Surgery, Endoluminal

http://www.medhelp.org/user_journals/show/193616/Endoscopic- incision-free-bariatric-surgery--offering-weight-loss-withou t-the-risks-of-major-abdominal-surgery

I wanted Gastric Plication, but am looking into other possiblities.  Thanks for any help!
Lisa N.
on 10/27/10 10:41 am - Williston Park, NY
 I met with the surgeon two weeks ago and the options that he gave me were the band and/or revising the gastric bypass to a different procedure which would be very dangerous.  I also met with the nutritionist and the psychologist. Since I haven't been very compliant in the last seven years. They want to see I can lose some weight before having surgery. So far I have lost 15 pounds. I met with the psychologist, and we did not hit off very well.  She spoke to my psychologist and told her that she was concerned about me having another procedure and would like me to wait 6 months. I can understand her point and concern.  My psychologist said it would better if I waited 3 months.  I have already had an upper GI and CT Scan.I am having an endoscopy , and meeting with the nutritionist tomorrow.  I am also meeting with the surgeon on Friday to discuss test results and to see what the next step will be.  I will full admit, that was not compliant.  If I was I compliant, I would not be sitting in his office. I have made way too many trips into NYC.
WASaBubbleButt
on 10/29/10 5:28 am - Mexico
I would not do the band after bypass, I can only think of one person that made it to goal, everyone else... not even close. The band isn't great for someone with no metabolic problems, you are metabolically challenged now that you have bypass meaning you'll have even less success with it.

Band after bypass... least risk, least weight loss.

RNY to DS... most risk, most weight loss.

It's a choice.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
Most Active