dr greenbaum will not do my revision to ds

(deactivated member)
on 9/28/10 10:40 am
Good for you doing your research!!  The above surgeons you have named are the ONLY ones I would consider for an RNY to DS revision.  It is a complicated surgery and it takes a skilled revision surgeon.

Michele
(deactivated member)
on 9/30/10 1:23 pm
Hey sandy

Those Docs are in my list. I contacted Dr Rabkin's office and was told he is out of network since I have Aetna POS II. I have no clue if I have any out of network coverage. with my luck the person in charge of insurance paperwork is out on med leave so the person who is there now can only give me info but he assured me they will try to see If they can help me in any way. They were completely surprised that Dr Greenbaum doesn't want to do my revision. So I'm in limbo with Rabkins office, we'll see what happens with then. Dr Rabkin is truly the best since he trained Dr greenbaun in doing virgin and revisions to DS.
Renfairewench
on 9/29/10 9:56 pm
Wow!  I'm so sorry for you. Really I am. I know how disappointed you must be feeling and angry as well. I had a feeling when I saw him in April when my gastric leak had a blow out and then again in June when I got sepsis that something was up. Just some things that he said and the way he said it.  Recently I replied to someone that I wouldn't be surprised if he stopped doing them all together at some point. It was as though it was in his head. I don't know.

I am one of his "complicated" revision patients and one who had a lot of post op complications. Please note, I do not blame him for anything thing that happened or from lack of good medical care or concern. **** happens and it happened to me. He's been super supportive and has been available to me no matter when or time.  Perhaps when I see him in the next couple of months I might be able to talk to him about it and see what he has to say. I know that won't help your situation at all though.

Maddie

HW (pre RNY) 430 HW (pre DS) 302 / SW 288 /
                          Lowest weight 157 / CW 161
GW 150
                "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight"

(deactivated member)
on 9/30/10 1:15 pm
Hi Maddie

I'm really sorry to hear all the complications you have been going tru since your revision. I hope everything is much better now. I do know a revision is the most risky and it has the highest chances of all kinds of complications. I know he is very knowledgeable surgeon too, but it does suck for me I just want a second chance and do things right once I do get my DS done. I still feel that whatever is meant to be will be. I'm taking it one day at a time. thank you for your post Its a reality check for me and a reminder that **** can happen. good luck with everything Hun...
MsBatt
on 10/3/10 6:48 am
You might try contacting Dr. Hugh Houston in Nashville, TN. I understand he's now doing RNY to DS revisions.
Amyiable
on 10/3/10 9:42 am
Dr. Elariny does revisions to DS.  He works out of network though.
Amyiable ----  Revised again on 12/9/10 
My 16 oz pouch was VSG'd & stoma narrowed to1.2 cm diameter.  Slight changes to limb lengths, to align with DS  (Total sm bowel = 700 cm, alimentary limb = 275 cm, and common channel set at 75cm)  

Highest 325/Weight at revision 241/Current ???/Goal 150

Most Active