Not going to get my hopes up yet but...

Monique H.
on 9/23/10 3:56 pm

I had been talking to my medical group, blueshield, and the analyst from the Dept. of managed healthcare. Anyway maybe like the third person I spoke to yesterday called me back today like she said she would. She basically called to tell me that they told her that if I wanted to discuss things I needed to contact the person from the appeals department that I had been working with. She was talking to me apologizing for not being able to help and told me just a minute while she looked at something. Then she said something about them changing the hospital that I was authorized to have the procedure at to a hospital in San Franciso (not sure of the initials but it had a C and a M in it I think). Then she said it looks like we gotten another authorization for someone named...wait for it...RABKIN!!! She said it looks like they've approved an authorization for someone named John Rabkin and that I should call back and check with the authorization department tomorrow. 

Like I said, I'm not going to get my hopes up just yet, but I know his name wasn't anywhere in my file yesterday!

WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10
Vivian Prouty
on 9/23/10 11:26 pm - Fort Worth, TX
 Monique.....praying for you that this all works out the way that you are wanting it to and that the doc that you want will be approved to do your surgery.   Good luck to you and you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Monique H.
on 9/24/10 3:46 am
Thanks Vivian! I was approved for Dr Rabkin!
WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10
JRinAZ
on 9/24/10 2:24 am - Layton, UT
That would be awesome Monique!!!!  Dr. Rabkin is one of the very best in the world!!!

I think he has people pay for the surgery up front and then you get whatever your insurance pays out?  I'm not sure but it's something like that.  Maybe it will end up equalling Dr. Keshishian's program free and it's closer to your home, right?

Keep us posted!  I'm swinging chickens for ya!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Monique H.
on 9/24/10 3:45 am
I'm definitely authorized to see him and since bariatric surgery is supposed to be covered at no expense to me and he is out of network, I think they have to pay it all! I'm so happy!!!
(deactivated member)
on 9/24/10 5:03 am - Bayonne, NJ
Fantastic news! I'm very happy for you, you'll be in good hands!
Most Active