Stomach condition after the band

bufedwards
on 9/17/10 11:57 am - Hustonville, KY
I was wondering if anyone's surgeon told them what kind of shape their stomach was in once their band was removed during their revision? 

Highest Weight:  564 /  Post Band Pre DS Weight:  508 / Surgey Date Weight:  449
Current Weight:  209 / Goal Weight:  150 (BMI of 25).

TamaraL
on 9/17/10 10:14 pm
Interesting question. I do know if they get in there and there is too much scar tissue they will remove the band and not do the revision.  They will not take a chance.  You would have to do 2 surgeries.  Also some surgeons will not do 1 surgery/revision with the band. They remove the band, then 3-6 months later do the new surgery

My revision is on October 8th. Maybe I will ask him to take picture of my stomach while he is in there

Tamara

Deborah C.
on 9/23/10 2:09 am - Eglin AFB , FL
I just had my band removed for a revision.  My doctor made sure to inform me when I woke up that there was quite a bit of scar tissue on my stomach.  He had pictures ready and waiting for me to see.  He also stated that the tubing from the band to port had scarred into the top and bottom of my liver.  I was a bit suprised but i also half way expected this.  But everything went as planned with my revision and i am happy with the result.
Most Active