Revision Possibilities

PA F.
on 9/16/10 8:07 am - ARCATA, CA
I just recently went to a surgeon to discuss my options regarding a revision to my original RNY and he indicated he will not know the procedure he is able to perform until they have actually gone in and taken a look around.  The only two options he will consider are the Stomphyx or R.O.S.E. procedure.  Through my own research I see there are mixed reviews on both of these procedures and then there are the die hard individuals that believe a DS is the ony solution. 

I am kind of at a loss because I know that my pouch is definately stretched...absolutely may fault.  But, I never want to experience the things I have in the past....ugh...advice, help anything...
flucca
on 9/16/10 3:58 pm - Fort Lauderdale, FL
Possibilities include revision to VSG, DS, ERNY and BOB (Band over Bypass)  All of these have their benefits and complications. However,  I have never seen anyone have significant success with stomaphyx of Rose.  Hope this helps.
TNmtnGirl
on 9/17/10 8:27 pm - Strawberry Plains, TN
Hi. I am in middle of required 6 month sup. diet for insurance.I did tons of research and feel that for me the best revision from my RNY is a DS. Just keep searching for information and follow your heart or"gut instincts".Best of luck to you!
Hugs, Lori
PA F.
on 9/18/10 12:20 pm - ARCATA, CA
Thanks, I appreciate your input....
(deactivated member)
on 9/19/10 11:50 am
it is true that your surgeon may not know what he will be able to revise to until they are in there, but you may want to ask him if an abdominal cat scan would be beneficial, that will give the surgeon more information and potentially help decide which surgery would be best for you before you are "sliced open"
Most Active