Peer to Peer

bufedwards
on 9/16/10 8:14 am - Hustonville, KY
I called Centennial today because they hadn't responded to my email about my psych eval.  (To bring everyone up to speed, they submitted my info to the insurance co. yesterday and they responded back that they needed a psych eval....I emailed wanting to know if they needed a new one or if they had not received my original one). 

When I called they told me that they had never received the original one, but they got it this morning from my email and faxed it to the insurance company, so we will wait and see what happens from here.

However, they mentioned in passing that Dr. Houston was going to do a peer to peer?  In hind site I should have asked what this was, but I was at work and in a hurry and didn't.  Does anyone have any info on what a peer to peer is and if it is a good or bad thing?

Highest Weight:  564 /  Post Band Pre DS Weight:  508 / Surgey Date Weight:  449
Current Weight:  209 / Goal Weight:  150 (BMI of 25).

(deactivated member)
on 9/19/10 9:20 am
a peer to peer conversation is when your surgeon talks to the dr at the insurance co.  every insurance is different and how/who oversees the utilization review it is required at a certain step before an insurance co can deny it.  your surgeon can also use it to sway the insurance co

Most Active